Monday morning, I had my 6 month post Radioactive Iodine Treatment check up appointment. We were given great news: 1) That my dosage of medication is perfect and 2) that my tumor marker # (Thyroglobulin measurement) is officially at ZERO! My tumor marker # used to be 2.9, so that's really exciting it's at zero and shows that any thyroid cells (whether malignant or benign) have been blasted and are no longer there. My doctor said that if it's still zero at my 1 year mark, there is a very slim chance I'll ever have a relapse of thyroid cancer, which is exactly what we wanted to hear!
Tuesday morning, I had an ultrasound on my neck to make sure that all the surrounding tissue looked benign and we got an all clear response back from that as well. Such great news that we decided to celebrate with milkshakes!
I'm also taking the week off from blogging, so we'll be back Monday!
9 comments:
woohooo!!!!! i feel like you deserve more than just a milkshake though. :)
Wahoo! Such great news!!!
Yay!! Enjoy the beautiful weather with Emery this week! Such wonderful news.
Wonderful news!!
that's awesome news!! love your blog and you're little family!!
Praise God! That's great Leah! I think I need a milkshake to celebrate too :)
Great news all the way around and definitely worth celebrating with a milkshake! God is good!
What wonderful news! So happy to hear, Leah!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!