Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Duvet Cover turned Shower Curtain DIY

Remember the brand new target duvet cover that I found at goodwill for $14?  Well it's officially converted into a shower curtain and we are loving the look of it!  First, I sewed up the side of the duvet that had the opening & buttons for actually putting the duvet in.  
Then next step was buying a $3 grommet tool from Michaels that worked AWESOME!
These were the grommets/eyelets we used:
Kyle helped me with the hammering part b/c I would probably hit my hand more than the actual grommet! 
I couldn't believe how easy it was though, before we knew it we were done and had an official shower curtain!  We moved our shower curtain rod up higher, and I still had to hem the curtain a little bit because it was so tall.

I'm so happy with how it came out.  My projects have been going a little too smoothly lately, which means I'm about to have a BIG FLOP soon I'm sure :)
And yes we just hung that frame and I don't have all the pictures in them yet... keeping it real!

Oh and a couple other things before I forget!  Our post hacking the Ikea Rast dresser was featured on IkeaHackers.net on Monday, which is so cool. Click here to see it!


Also, I'm guest blogging over at Julie's blog today talking about my experience breastfeeding!  She has started an awesome series where moms can come together and share their stories with one another.  So if you are a new mom or soon-to-be new mom, check it out here!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Just found your blog after reading your breastfeeding diary on Julie's blog! I am currently 36 weeks pregnant with my first and currently reading 'Baby Wise'. I am glad to see the book worked for you and I hope it works for us.

Jen said...

What a great idea for the duvet cover. The standard shower curtains are too short for our tall bathrooms we have now. I loved reading your story on Julies blog! I can't believe Emery is 2 now!

Tara said...

Looks awesome! Now, we just gotta get back up there for a visit and see it in person :) Love you!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails