Wednesday, June 19, 2013

OK to Wake -- Children's Alarm Clock!

As most of you know, Emery gave up paci almost a month ago!  She's done great with it and hasn't looked back-- such a big girl!  BUT with no paci in her crib meant her not putting herself back to sleep in the mornings like she used to.  If she gets woken up from Kyle leaving the house to work out or one of the animals she would be awake for good... meaning we would be starting our day at 5:45 or 6 everyday.... AHH.
So after a little bit of research we ordered the OK to Wake! Children's alarm clock & nightlight off amazon.  It's one of those great inventions where when it's "OK to Wake!" the clock changes from yellow to green (green means go!) letting the kiddos then know it's okay to be awake for the day... genius right?!  This way if Emery wakes up in the wee hours of the morning and her clock isn't green, she goes back to sleep or waits patiently for it to change colors.  I also love that the clock is digital so in a couple years Emery will be able to read what time it is as well-- not just depend on the color changing.

Emery literally got the hang of it on her first morning-- it's amazing how quickly they can pick things up at this age.  We've gotten the biggest kick out of her waiting patiently and then yelling "IT'S GEEN MOM!!!" and pointing to it!   
Here's a video of one morning when she saw it change colors:

So just incase you are in the same boat as we were I just wanted to share what our solution has been!  We've been slowing turning the clock later and later (we are up to 6:30 now) in hopes that one day she'll sleep in until 7 am each morning -- we'll see how that goes :)

8 comments:

Julie Rogers said...

This has been my lifesaver! My four year old still uses it and I still get my sleep, or at least until 6:45:)

Julie
www.thechirpingmoms.com

Cindy Lou said...

I've been meaning to order this for weeks and I'm going to do it right now. Thanks for the reminder!

Grandma said...

Modern technology! It never ceases to amaze me. Emery is so smart and learned the first night. What a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. Thanks for doing the research and for sharing! Gonna order one right now.

Jen said...

What!! I have never heard of this! That is awesome. I love her yelling at it for you. So funny. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Tara said...

"It's geen!!!!" Hahahaha. Love that little one!

Big EZ said...

You had better inch it up to 7:00am before Em learns to read the numbers! When she can read the number 7, it won't matter what color the clock is! So cute!

Unknown said...

This is great! I was wondering about this the other day. I remember Amy saying something about a clock and staying in bed. Phoebe had a few weeks where she was getting up before 6 (I think it must have been her molars...she normally sleeps till around 7:30) and I was not ok with it. I think she's probably still a little young to get it, but in a couple months I will be ALL over this!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails