Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween 2008!

Friday was such a fun day! At work, all of us had been divided into teams for a costume contest. My group decided to be celebrities that have gone through rehab like Britney Spears, Amy Winehouse, Lindsay Lohan, Elizabeth Taylor, 50 cent, DMX and Michael Jackson. It was a very fun day around the office!
I made badges for everyone that said who we were:
Lindsey Lohan, Amy Winehouse & Britney Spears:
The other teams had some great ideas too! Richard Simmons team:
Wedding gone bad:
My boss, Donna, was the crazy drunk guest... Note the alcohol in her cleavage... Haha!
Cereal killers:
Favor boxes:
We also had a contest about who could bring in the best decorated/tasting food. I made some delicious dirt cake (with milano cookies as tombstones) which I called "graveyard delight" and ended up getting honorable mention!
I ended up taking a half day so that Kyle and I could meet and vote. WELL we got there, waited in line for over an hour and then saw a sign that we would be in line 3 more hours... No thank you. SO we are going to vote on the 4th, and hopefully the lines won't be as terrible!

We went home, packed our stuff and headed to Charlotte to meet Molly & Marshal for Halloween. We had so much fun with them last year, and since we had another thing to do in NC that weekend we decided to go for it. We all had bought matching costumes for Fred & Wilma Flintstone and Barney & Betty Rubble. Everyone we saw that night just loved our costumes and we had so much fun.

Fred & Barney:
Wilma & Betty:
We ended up going to uptown Charlotte to a party that one of Molly's clients from work was throwing. Around 10:30 Molly & I started yawning so we all decided to call it a night and go home! We all ended up staying awake until 3:00 playing guitar hero and talking though!!

Saturday morning the guys went mountain biking and Molly & I went out shopping. Molly & I realized that we are starting to begin to share a brain as well as the whole time we were finishing eachothers sentences! We all met up back at the house and drove to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens where M&M had a catering appointment. I mean it is just beautiful and it's going to be absolutely perfect for their wedding. They have definitely set the date to be May 3rd, and it's exactly 6 months from tomorrow! ( Now Sara don't laugh but I did attempt to try and take flower/scenery pictures but I don't have a spectacular camera like you!)
Kyle and I drove separately so we could then head to Greensboro for a couples shower for Lauren Farrington and Justin.
I hadn't seen Lauren in 2 years (unbelievable!) so it was great getting time to catch up with her and be excited together for her wedding! They had a beautiful cake made for them:
They also played a game where Lauren had to feel all the guys legs and tell which ones were Justins... And she picked him out of the crowd!!
Okay now brace yourself b/c this story is so typical Leah but it was probably the highlight of the night. So when we get there, we know no one except Lauren & Justin... No big deal. One of the girls hosting handed me a recipe card and said "write a recipe on the card for Lauren & Justin"... So I followed the directions all the while thinking "I barely cook let alone memorize recipes!!" Kyle and I racked our brains and finally remembered a pot roast recipe, so wrote it down and put it in the bowl. Well after I did that the hostess goes "you didn't write a real recipe did you?!" and of course I said yes, and immediately everyone started laughing! Well what they forgot to tell us was to write a love recipe on a good marriage... Hmm that would of helped. Anyways they ended up reading them outloud so Lauren & Justin could guess who wrote them and of course they read my entire recipe, ingredients and all just to embarrass us a little more... Nice.
We drove back to Charlotte to spend the night with M&M (they had graciously kept Tyson all night for us!) We all woke up this morning and went on a hike in Francis Beattie Park and the leaves were so beautiful! Tyson ended up chasing a couple geese in the lake, and then turned around b/c he got scared! Haha
We all went to McCalisters for lunch before we headed out. Molly and I had been talking wedding all weekend and she had gotten some color swatch samples from her bridesmaid dress company. We couldn't decide between these two colors, b/c both were so pretty. Well when we were at lunch Molly brings up the swatches and is like "Leah are you sure you like those colors?" and I said "of course I love them they are going to be beautiful!" and she goes "Good because you are going to be wearing them!!! Will you be one of my bridesmaids?" I immediately started crying because I was so shocked and excited, which in turn made Molly cry too... Haha we are such a mess! So that means that Kyle and I BOTH will get to be a part of their amazing wedding in May... We are so pumped we can't wait!! Thank you two for such a great weekend!!!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Yeah! I've been waiting all weekend for this post!!!! I'm so excited that your work party was great (What neat ideas everyone had- The cereal killers were very creative!!!! I liked your rehab celebs too!!!) and I loved your Graveyard Delight too! And ya'll looked adorable as the Flintstones. I'm so excited that M & M have asked both you and Kyle to be in the wedding- Very cool! What a neat weekend:)

Anonymous said...

Wow Leah...what a busy three days! How would I keep up with you without a blog? Loved all the creative work costumes and your dessert. Mighty fine hairdos you had...hot pink and bright orange ~ woah! Fun time once again with M & M and congrats on both of you being part of their special day in May. Gorgeous place and your camera did great with the scenery pics! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I just loved reading your blog!!!~
Y'all get so much accomplished in one weekend. Loved the Halloween costumes and your graveyard cake. Know you and Kyle both are going to enjoy being in M&M's wedding. Your camera takes great pictures of flowers! Can't wait for your next post!~

Love,
Grandma

Lauren and Justin said...

Thanks again for coming to NC for the shower - it meant so much to us both!
Glad you had so much fun with M&M too!

Tara said...

Leah~ I was just reading your blog again and realized that your title was "Happy Halloween 2009!" Did you mean to be a year in advance?!? Love ya!

Sara said...

good grief, you had way more fun at work on friday than i did! and don't worry, i didn't laugh at your pictures OF COURSE! the one of the monarch is gorgeous! (those gardens are the ones i had mentioned when we were trying to plan our get-together last month). man.. you guys have so much fun with m&m, so glad you'll both be in the wedding. that will just be perfect.

Mindy said...

Phew...I found the end to leave a comment...now to remember everything I was going to say...love the work stuff...love the costumes...love your dress at the shower...love that you are such a sweet friend to your friends!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your work went ALL OUT! Amazing!
Sounds like a wonderful weekend to me.

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails