This morning Kyle and I were sitting in the living room with Pop watching tv. Kyle heard a noise outside and saw a car start backing up in front of our house. He immediately runs outside and saw that his jeeps' back right bumper is completely dented in. The car starts zooming up the street (going the wrong way on a one way street) and Kyle starts running after it, yelling. I see the car turn the corner, with Kyle in hot pursuit after it. I have no clue what to do, but Kyle had no shoes on, so I figured he couldn't get that far and he needed back up. I got the keys and started driving around trying to find Kyle. I went a couple blocks around our house, no sign of Kyle anywhere. I started to head back to our house when I see Kyle walking back and the car following him. It was a lady, who claimed she got "hit from behind" and she was going after the person who hit her. Now as you know I don't get that fired up about things, but when people blatently lie to your face.... I think it's completely wrong and I absolutely hate it. She kept saying "I am a criminal recovery agent I would never just leave, I was coming back".... YEAH RIGHT. While she was waiting for the cop to come she smoked about 4 cigarettes--- clearly not nervous at all.
Kyle later told me that thankfully she got stopped by the train and had no where to go. She pulled into a church parking lot and that's where Kyle trapped her. So we called the police and she fed him the lie about getting hit from behind, and it was a white tahoe with a man in it. (ALL of which she made up on the spot). She also tried to tell him that she was following Kyle down the street (but Kyle's car was parked the entire time!!). The cop of course couldn't charge her for hit and run, since her story was completely different. Gosh some people are just unbelievable, and our society lets them get away with it. SO that's how our morning went, how about yours?!
California - It's raining again!!!
10 years ago
6 comments:
OH MY GOSH. The aboslute nerve of some people.
I can't believe that happened to you guys! I'm just glad everyone's okay. People are CRAZY.
Oh my goodness! That would get me fired up too! Glad that Kyle caught her- You're so fast, KG!
Maybe she'll start to feel so guilty that she'll end up telling the truth! At least we can pray to that end!
Okay, the thing I got out of that is that Kyle is freakin' FAST! I think you'll laugh about this eventually, no?
oh my goodness, i would be so angry. i can't believe she said she was following kyle's car! grrrrr.
Wow, I am so sorry to hear that guys! So if she got hit from behind then she was sure to have damage too right? Sorry you all had to deal with that! We'll pray that things get resolved quickly.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!