Thursday, November 5, 2009

Okay I tried some more!

Guess I'm still on the cooking thing haha. Okay here are a few more we tried this week, all from my fav cooking blog that I've already told you about... Our Best Bites.

My trainer keeps telling me EAT MORE PROTEIN so that's what we did! The first one is Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers. It was so so good, I even added some mushrooms on it. AND Kyle discovered he does like pineapple!

AND AFTER!
And a close-up of the yumminess:
Okay next one was French Dip Sandwiches, this ended up being SO good. We had leftovers for lunch for a couple days which was nice! I forgot to take a picture of this after I cooked it at home, so I snapped this on my lunch break today!

And IF THAT wasn't enough protein for the week we also had Sweet and Savory Flank Steak. The marinade was AMAZING and we will be using this again! With brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger.. PERFECTION:)

And as a side to go with it we did Lime Cilantro Rice with Pineapple. It was crazy full of flavor, so much so that Kyle and I didn't know what to think! It was definitely good, but next time we might do it with a little less lime!

And that's it for this week! Enjoy :)

12 comments:

Kerry said...

I TOLD YOU YOU WOULD LIKE PINEAPPLE, KYLE!!! XOXO Leah, you can make dinner for us anytime! :) Love you guys.

Jillian said...

Those all look so good!! I LOVE to cook, I just haven't done much of it lately (please see my next blog post lol)...I definitely want to try those chicken kabobs!!

Tara said...

Too bad we don't live in Marietta. We would've been over every night with these meals! Yummy!

Grandma said...

They all looked sooooo good. It is now 11:30 and I haven't had anything to eat since 5:30 and I am starving now. I think I'll have a piece of toast. Leah, you are quite the chef!!! Love you guys.

Sara said...

those skewers made me drool on my keyboard.

TupeloLove said...

Good for you for trying all these recipes, Leah! I need to do that as well, and I'm sure Marsh agrees! And I'm with Sara, I was salivating looking at the skewers!

Anonymous said...

I have one thing to say...YUMMMMMY!

Nick said...

soooooooooo hungryyyyyy

Cathy and Marshall said...

All those sound delicious! I tried the recipe for orange rolls on Our Best Bites. Ingredients sound weird, but they were a-mazing! The ginger spice cookies were delish too. Thanks for spreading the word about what a good food website it is. Now I just need to stop baking so many sweet treats and eat more protein myself!

Maria and Nate said...

Wow Leah, all those meals look delicious! You're inspiring me to cook some similar things this week. :) By the way, I just caught up on your blog and I love it all. It looks like you had a super fun and festive Halloween!!

Nick said...

i look at these pictures like 100 times a day

sure beats cous cous

The Schreibman Family said...

Leah... so I checked out that website and took down tons of recipies. We are huge pineapple,bacon,chicken lovers so I knew I had to make that dish...I made it last night and it will definitely be eaten again in our house...delicious...so good. Next time I will sneak on some mushrooms even though mr. philip doesnt love them. YUM YUM.. and ps we baked ours bc it was too rainy and cold outside and it was still delicious.

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails