So what did we perform as you ask? Well we all decided to be carnies for our sideshow! Jen was "Soaring Skippy -- the world's greatest trapeze artist". Lacey was "Bearded Bassett-- the bearded lady". Donna was "Master Cracklewhip -- the ringleader". Laura was "Madam Sasha Fierce -- the world's greatest fortune teller". And I was "Lady Hilga-- world's strongest woman". Here we are outside our tent!
So as you walk in you immediately see our large sign, which explains who we are and what you could see while you were at the show! We also hung little signs at the entrances of each one of our "little tents". We hung sheets from the ceiling to help seperate our tents!
Laura's tent was perfect for her to do her 'fortune telling' in. She was all set up with a magic 8 ball, ouija board, and an online fortune provider. Everyone loved it!
Here is some more of our decorations! Jen had brought in these wall coverings so we put those up and added clown heads in each of the windows and then taped some twinkle lights to it! We also had curtains, ghosts, and tons of other things hanging from the ceiling to help cause "chaos".
Across from our desks we had "Sideshow Souvenirs", our little photo booth for our guests. It was hilarious seeing everyone get so excited to take their pictures! Some of our employees even brought their kids by later on so they could come visit our carnival and get their pictures taken!
We had pictures like this for almost everyone in our company, and emailed it to them after they left our show!
On our other open desk we had our "Twisted Treats" station. We popped popcorn (the cups for the popcorn of course were decorated to look creepy!) and put gummy worms in it, had poisonous caramel apples, circus peanuts and more. It was delicious and everyone dug in after each show!
We also had a mummy and vampire serving the food for everyone! They were perfect!
So that is basically our room, it's a pretty little space but we stuffed a bunch in it! We won "MOST CREATIVE", which is exactly what we wanted to hear-- and earned us a pizza party! Definitely the best Halloween I have ever had at a workplace!NOW if you have made it all the way to the bottom of this blog, I'll reward you with a video of our 'show'. haha yes we are all such dorks but everyone at our work loved it! We ended up having a lot more than just 2 shows (actually about 8), so this was one that we did for our warehouse crew!
on a sad note this video is turned vertically half of the time so you'll have to just turn your heads to watch those parts! Sorry!! ENJOY :)
9 comments:
Leah, this is amazing. It's almost a shame that it is limited to being seen by your coworkers and blog readers. I feel like your company should get a spread in O Magazine or something. The time you take to do things just to keep everyone excited to be there is wonderful. And...you are all so talented that what you come up with is incredible...like movie set quality details. Thanks for sharing!
I agree with Cassidy! What a shame that all of this is just for KA employees. If we lived closer I would've loved to bring N & N to visit you!
What a great room you had- All the details were incredible. You transformed your office into an incredible twisted carnival... And the photo op, treats, etc. were just cherries on top! AMAZING!!!!
There are no words to describe this kind of fun and creativity! And to think this is where you all work???? How could everyone not want to be a part of Aspen. Your Twisted Carnival was amazing and the details...WOW! Loved the fabric, snacks, characters, photo op, show...EVERTHING!
That was AWESOME!!!!!!! Of course you won! Congratulations to you and your team, Leah.
LEEEAAAH!! AH-mazing. You are seriously so talented and I KNOW that a lot of those ideas were YOURS. I just know it. You're so creative, everything looked awesome. What a fun way to celebrate Halloween, and what a deserving group of ladies! Now, if only I could convince Marsh to move to Atlanta so I can work there, too. Wait, I don't think it would take much convincing at all!!
Every company should celebrate the way Kate Aspen does! :) All I can get away with at work is ghosts painted on my toenails! :) What an incredible theme you were able to whip up! You definitely deserved the most creative.
no detail was left out. yall did awesome! i love the wall with lights and all the fabric! i don't even want to know how long it took you to sew all those strips together. that is dedication! :)
I love your room! You are so creative and no details was left out. What a fun way to celebrate at work! How do you get your pictures to post so big on your blog? Mine are always so small even though I have the large preference selected.
Wow, you went all out! It must be fun to work in such a creative, lighthearted environment. You have so many clever ideas!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!