(She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.)
Size of baby: About 14.8 inches long, and she might be almost 3 pounds now! We'll find out a better number next week. (She's the size of a Chinese cabbage)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 0 pounds this week. I'm still 18 pounds up.
Gender: A Sweet Baby GIRL!! Emery Katherine will be here before we know it!
Movement: Still moving all the time, and it gets a little uncomfortable when she stretches out! It's more cool then anything though to be able to feel where she is sitting just by poking my stomach in different areas and feeling where it's hard (her body).
What I miss: Mountain Dew and Diet Coke!
Sleep: Pretty good still, only getting up once in the night to go pee, if that.
Symptoms: My left rib didn't hurt as much this week, so that was nice! I am not enjoying bending over to pick things up anymore, as I always "grunt" on my way back up. It's definitely getting more difficult!
Notes: Can definitely see the bottom of my belly button, but still an innie! No dark line down my stomach, stretch marks, or swelling yet! No braxton hicks contractions yet either, yeah! I can't believe we are in the final stretch. I've really enjoyed the 2nd trimester so hopefully the 3rd won't be TOO bad!
"To-do" items checked off our list:
- Actually registered for items at Target.
- Wrote and sent out thank you notes for my Shelby shower!
- Painted Emery's nursery and bathroom!
- Had a wonderful conversation with my boss about maternity leave. The company is being so flexible with me in regards to coming back. As of right now I'm planning on going back part time for a while to see how that goes with my commute.
- Used my Paper Affair groupon ($20 for $50) to get thank you notes and paper for Emery's birth announcements!
- Used a coupon that I had received in the mail from Shutterfly (free $20 gift certificate) to order more thank you notes to use after future showers! Love all these coupons that come when you announce you are pregnant!
- Had a wonderful conversation with my boss about maternity leave. The company is being so flexible with me in regards to coming back. As of right now I'm planning on going back part time for a while to see how that goes with my commute.
- Used my Paper Affair groupon ($20 for $50) to get thank you notes and paper for Emery's birth announcements!
- Used a coupon that I had received in the mail from Shutterfly (free $20 gift certificate) to order more thank you notes to use after future showers! Love all these coupons that come when you announce you are pregnant!
- Kyle finished demolition on the storage room and rebuilt the bathroom wall!
Best Moments this week: Being in town over the weekend to get Emery's room painted, progress on the bathroom project, laundry completed, and our house cleaned!
What we are looking forward to:
- Our 4 YEAR anniversary on Thursday!
- Our 3D/4D ultrasound on Saturday at 11:00! CAN'T WAIT to see her little features!
- My glucose screening test next Tuesday... not really looking forward to this, but I will be relieved when it's over! I will begin going to the doctor every 2 weeks from there on out! At least they gave me the drink beforehand so I don't have to wait in the Dr.'s office for over an hour!
OH and I have some exciting news! My friend at work, Brooke, just gave me a ton of her daughters clothes, some of which still have the tags on them! She was going to give them to good will if I didn't want them, and I am so excited to put Emery in these!





14 comments:
Lookin good Mama! You are SO lucky to be able to drink early for glucose screen... I had to do it in office and struggled with it! Hand me downs are the best, such cute stuff!
Hand me downs are so great! It means baby laundry has to be done way less often! :)
Glad you're feeling well and getting things checked off the list. I haven't even MADE a list, much less check things off of it.
You look sooo cute! I'm right behind you - 26 weeks! = ) And that bassinet is seriously adorable. I want one!
Leah! So many exciting things going on! First of all, you look amazing. You seriously just look like you have a little basketball under your shirt! And second, how awesome that you have gotten those hand-me-downs. I can't believe you're in the 3rd trimester already!!
You look so cute! Look at all of those clothes and I love that bassinet. And I can't believe all of the things you're checking off your list, that's awesome!
you and that bassinet = so cute :) see you soon!
Beah, we enjoy these Emery update posts so much! The hand me downs and bassinet are such a wonderful blessing from a friend. Did I see an open jar of PICKLES in the hand-me-down clothes picture? Too funny! Love you kiddo.
excited for y'all Leah! why can't she just be the size of American Cabbage.....?
so excited! and all those pretty girl clothes...and that open jar of pickles!! haha. :)
You guys are hilarious, it's not a jar of pickles it's a Yankee Christmas tree candle!! Although I wouldn't put it past myself to have a jar of pickles open on my coffee table :) haha
You're loking great! And don't worry about the glucose test, I was totally worried, but it turned out to be not bad at all! :)
Love these Emery updates!!!! You look beautiful in the belly shot and I can't believe that you are 28 weeks along. Girl, you've made this pregnancy thing look so easy!
And I got your message about the hand-me-downs and bassinet. So cute!!!!! What a sweet friend.
Love you! Happy 4th anniversary tomorrow:)
Leah,
I read your blog from time to time (I went to Meredith with Tara). Thought I'd give you a little tip about the "glucose drink"...this may sound crazy...but it works...
I was still very sick with my first son at 28 weeks and a little "woozy" at 28 weeks with my second (and I had to do the 3 hr test which meant drinking it twice). With my second, I decided to drink it with a straw...that way it would bypass some of my taste buds and go straight to the back of my throat..and it worked great...not even a gag!!!!
Worth a try?!?!
Ps- love her name...very beautiful and girly!
Good luck with the test.
-Crystal
I can't believe you are in the 3rd trimester already!! It's going so fast! I can't wait to see your 3/4-D ultra sound. Those clothes and shoes Brooke gave you are ADORABLE. Look at all the girly colors.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!