Kyle and I were so excited to have a weekend in town (our first one in over a month!) to be able to get some of our bigger projects completed. While Kyle was down working away on our bathroom project, I tackled painting Emery's room and bathroom. I don't think many women who are 6 months pregnant do this, so I was very proud of myself for sticking it out and completing it. And don't worry we had the fan going and windows cracked for ventilation!
Here are the colors we are decorating the nursery in. Love how calming they are!
(It's a greenish blue, sometimes looks light aqua sometimes looks mint.)
Saturday I worked for 3 hours getting the bedroom and bathroom ceilings painted in a lighter shade. The original color was a khaki and we knew it would not look at that pretty together. This was by far the hardest part since I've never had much arm strength!
Sunday I spent all day getting the trim and walls done in the bedroom and bathroom... 2 coats each! We used the paint with primer in it to save some time since we were covering up yellow!
Can you tell I was tired? I would paint for a while, then lay down and nap for an hour then get to work again.
But it's done now and we love it. Next step is to paint & put up crown molding (we have it in our entire house except for that room!). We hope to get that done this weekend, it's coming together!





11 comments:
Wow I am so impressed and I love it! But most importantly you love it!!! Wish I could have been there to assist you:( It's gonna be such a cute nursery!
I am very impressed by you painting at 6 months pregnant! Love the colors, our neighbors painted their nursery blue for their little girl too - haha! It was SO good to see y'all this weekend!
It is gorgeous! You did a great job, way to go at 6 months!! I love that there is paint all over your belly, no way around that!! Too cute!
The room looks great! I love the colors you picked out!
You did a great job! Looks beautiful! And that blue tape on the floor mapping furniture out looks familar..hehe! :)
I love your color choices! I can't wait to see how it turns out :)
good job! i know that was tiring. i would have whined all the way through the ceiling, haha.
it's gonna be beautiful!
I can't wait to see it all put together. I love the calming colors. Great job with the paint!
Love the color, Leah!! Good for you for doing this yourself. I can't believe you did the ceilings, too! I so wish I were there to help you!
Oh I just love the way the color looks on the wall!!!! Way to go, girl! I couldn't have done that at 6 months pregnant and am so impressed that you did!
I am amazed that you even attempted it, Leah, and am so proud that you finished the job! Love the final results. The colors blend so beautifully. Can't wait to see it in person.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!