Monday, December 6, 2010

Our early 4 year anniversary celebration!

Kyle and I were married on a beautiful sunny day in December of 2006 -- the 16th to be exact.  It was an amazing day, one where I thought I couldn't love Kyle anymore than I did at that moment.  I've been proved wrong year after year, as each time our anniversary rolls around we both say 'THIS YEAR was by far the best!"  We've gone through a lot this year with additional work responsibilities, traveling to see & support family, and everything that goes along with pregnancy!  I am so proud of the man Kyle is, and I can't imagine going through this next step of parenthood with anyone else by my side.

A couple months ago, on Groupon there was a deal for the Sundial Restaurant in downtown Atlanta, spend $20 get $50 worth of food.  (The coupon expired on the 4th, so we celebrated our anniversary early!) This revolving restaurant offers a breathtaking 360-degree panorama of the Atlanta skyline. You take a glass elevator up, which climbs the hotel's 73 stories situated 723 feet above the city.  The elevator was awesome, although I did get nervous looking down (did pregnancy just make me scared of heights?).
The inside was completely decorated for Christmas, and they had a live band playing Christmas songs the entire time.  The perfect atmosphere to enjoy a wonderful dinner and overlook the city.
This was our favorite view as we could see the GA dome, Centennial Park, the Aquarium, Coke Museum and more!
All the views were amazing though.  It was fun to look into all the windows of the buildings and see the amazing lofts or even workaholics still at the office!  You can see highway 75 in this view, which was stop and go like usual:
We took our time eating and talking.  Love my hubby in his cute jacket :)
We ordered the most amazing appetizer! It was called "Shrimp Casino" and had shrimp, scallions, garlic cream, bacon, parmesan cheese, and bread crumb mixture that you spread onto buttered toast.  For our entrees, Kyle got the "surf and turf" which was absolutely delicious and I got the "kansas city strip steak".  Is your mouth watering, because mine is?!
We snagged a belly shot near one of the Christmas trees.  26 weeks!
And got one of the two of us as well:
We decided to skip on dessert at Sundial, and on the way home stopped at Pink Berry a frozen yogurt place. We had heard wonderful reviews about this place, and it was really good! 
They let you put whatever toppings you want on your yogurt so we got: Fruity Pebbles, Captain Crunch, Gummy Bears, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and chocolate chips!  YUM!
 
Even though we had said NO PRESENTS, Kyle of course broke the rules.  I was getting ready before dinner in the bathroom and all of a sudden heard the standard iphone ring go off.  Mine and Kyle's phones don't have that ring anymore, but I went in search to find it to see what on earth was going on since Kyle was no where to be found.  The sound was coming from the laundry basket!  I pulled up clothes and as soon as I saw it I gasped!  Kyle heard me from the closet (where he was hiding).  It was a beautiful iphone 4... oh my goodness!!!  I never told him that I wanted one, but he knows how much I love my old phone and that I would never ask for an upgrade.  Kyle's response was "It was the perfect gift to get you for our FOUR year anniversary" (get it iphone FOUR)?

So now I'm having fun figuring out all the new things this one can do.  Video, camera with a flash and 2 apps running at the same time WOAH I'm pumped.Thank you sweetie for the iphone, but most importantly for being my companion through thick and thin, and my caretaker these past couple months when I've been out of commission with the pregnancy.  Love you more than you know!!

19 comments:

Lynsey said...

Happy Anniversary. What a cool restaurant. Cute belly picture - you look great.

Jenn & David said...

what an amazing anniversary celebration. I feel like you two just got married yesterday! Happy Early Anniversary to you both and we pray the Lord will continue to bless you so many ways in the upcoming year!

Lauren & Justin said...

Happy Anniversary, Guenthers! love y'all!

Graceandjoelroberts said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are perfect together. Here's to many many more great years!

the girl in the red shoes said...

Happy early anniversary!

Sara said...

such a cool experience!! happy early anniversary. :)

you are officially like 10 years ahead of me in the world of phones now, hahah.

Kristin said...

Awesome date night! You're so right, we JUST missed each other! Looks like you guys enjoyed it as much as we did :) Happy 4th anniversary early!

TupeloLove said...

Happy early Anniversary! What a cool date and an amazing gift! Glad you guys got to celebrate in at such a great place.

B said...

Happy (early!) anniversary :) Congratulations to FOUR years! And i'm very jealous of your Iphone 4. I want to upgrade so bad!

Lacey said...

Happy early Anniversary!!! What a wonderful night! The Sundial looked amazing and how cute is Kyle getting you an iPhone 4 for your four years together! :) Oh and you looked beautiful in your belly shot by the christmas tree! I'm glad you had such a great celebration!

Mrs. Werginz said...

How awesome! Celebrating your anniversary and a new phone! Y'all look great in your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Happy 4 year anniversary!!! What a super cool restaurant!! Glad you guys had fun!

Jen said...

Sounds like the perfect anniversary celebration. Loved the pictures and views.

Georgia Girl said...

Happy Early Anniversary! Wish you both many more happy years to come!

The view from the restaurant is awesome! Living in Georgia, Atl sort of scares me to think about even heading that way but I would love to visit this place. The view is just breathtaking!

Love to hear about some other places to visit around Atl. Have a great week!

Tara said...

Oh what a wonderful celebration! I loved the restaurant you chose, the desserts you selected, and the gift Kyle surprised you with! And I love your outfit:) Beautiful night and a beautiful couple! Happy 4 years!!!

Graceandjoelroberts said...

Hi Leah, I just got an email from Miracle blanket saying if you like them on FB you're entered to win a blanket in the next 24 hours. Thought I'd pass along!

Linda said...

Amazing restaurant, unbelievable views, gorgeous lovebirds, wonderful surprise gift from hubby (early!)! Sounds like a perfect night to me!

Derek and Amanda said...

Looks like a great night! Love the views from that restaurant. How awesome!! :)

Holly and Chris said...

Happy Early Anniversary! It looks like you all had a blast! What a sweet husband to break the rules and give you a gift anyways!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails