Last weekend we spent in Shelby, NC with my best friend Lauren and her husband Matt. We had THE BEST weekend, it was just such a treat to hang out with them for a couple days. Matt and Kyle kept laughing the whole weekend, realizing how alike Lauren and I really are. We seriously would be in trouble if we lived in the same city :)
Lauren graciously hosted my first baby shower on Saturday! She had planned the menu perfectly, so Saturday morning we made all the delicious food and got the house ready for the shower. She kept saying "only with your best friend can you make her decorate and make food for her own shower"... but I wouldn't have it any other way. I loved helping!!
Kyle was in charge of making the almond cookies and meatballs, and I handled the pickled sandwiches and cookie icing. Lauren was busy making the punch and running around doing last minute things, but most importantly making us laugh in her 80's pj outfit. And lastly, Matt was decorating the mantle, hearth, and stairs in the most beautiful greenery that he had collected from around town. Seriously Matt if dentistry doesn't work out for you, I think you've found your calling. Chaco and Tyson helped out too, they get along so great!
All the food turned out perfectly and was all so delicious! Here is her food table!
We knew it was going to be a smaller shower (I am having a Raleigh shower but didn't want my Charlotte friends to have to drive so far to be there so that's why we held a small one in Charlotte!), but we really had no clue who was going to come since many people didn't rsvp regrets. One of the biggest shocks to me was that SARA came!!! (Who else would take beautiful pictures like this?!). Her and Joe drove all the way from Raleigh, and it meant so much to have both of my pregnant best friends in the same room! Sara is 3 weeks behind me, crazy!Unbelievably at the shower we had 4 pregnant women!! It's so crazy how many of my friends are pregnant right now! We just found out about Pamela's pregnancy a couple weeks ago, and it was so great to see her in person and catch up. She as well had a long drive from Raleigh, so sweet of her to come!
Leah (26 weeks), Lauren (18 weeks), Pamela (12 weeks), Sara (23 weeks)
I was SO excited to see my good friends, Juliet and Ashley at the shower! I haven't seen them in so long and I loved catching up. Juliet and I were on the ASU Dance Team together all 4 years, and Ashley and I were in regular dance classes all through college. I have missed you both so much!Everyone brought such sweet presents for little Emery. I cannot WAIT to use all of this stuff and put her in these adorable clothes. Thank you all so much!
Lauren and I took a belly shot together too! I cannot believe that she's expecting A LITTLE GIRL TOO!! Thank you so much Lauren for being such an amazing best friend and hosting this shower for me. It couldn't have been more perfect!! (Even if you did make me wear a "mom to be" medal around my neck the entire day!)








7 comments:
i love that picture of you, your mom, and grandma! such a treasure.
so glad i could make it!! :) love you and emery. (and kyle!)
What a fun shower! I like when they are a little bit smaller so you can talk to everyone! And tell Lauren that I love her socks!
Everything was adorable! I loved all the little baby clothes and all the decor. So glad you had a wonderful first shower!
Everything looked fantastic! Great job, Lauren! So sad I couldn't make it, but I'm so glad it was such a great time!! Miss you!
Looks like such a sweet time and what great friends you have!
Wow! What a wonderful shower! I'm so sad that I wasn't able to be there, but I'm so happy that you were blessed by such great company, delicious food, and precious gifts!!!
what a special day being surrounded by those who love you and Emery! Can't wait for the 15th! Praying that I can be there to celebrate with you at that shower. :)
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!