Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas tree ornaments!

I wanted to post about some new ornaments that we added to our collection this year (unfortunately if I did a post about all of the new ones it would take a little while so I just picked a couple)!  Keeping with tradition, we bought an ornament when we vacationed over the summer to St. John. I just love looking at our tree and remembering the places that we've visited together.
We went to a Christmas party with all of our n-wed friends last weekend and had a "white elephant" ornament exchange.  I was so excited to open and find 6 ceramic ornaments all in different shapes, hanging from red ribbon.  Also inside the box was a couple packets of scrapbooking rub-on words to rub onto the ornaments.  I thought FOR SURE someone would steal it from us, but they didn't-- yeah!!  I thought this was so creative of Paula & Chad, and might have to steal this idea to give next year at parties too!

Last year, Chris and Kathleen gave us an ornament in the shape of a Christmas tree that Chris made himself out of wood!  We just love this ornament, even the twine that it hangs from is cool.
Love having sentimental and creative ornaments on our tree for sure.  After 4 years of collecting together, it's finally starting to look full!  I've also been ordering and wrapping gifts like crazy this past week (I'm turning into a complete online Christmas shopper with all these free shipping deals), so we finally have some presents under our tree!

4 comments:

Sara said...

love all the new ones! i did a lot of online shopping this year too. :)

Lynsey said...

Beautiful tree. I did almost all my shopping online as well. It is so much easier!

Holly said...

I love the St. John ornament, our family almost has the exact same one, hand-painted and all, when we went there a few years ago! LOVE St. John and it's so fun to get ornaments from all the places you visit! Fun! :)

Tara said...

Such a pretty tree! I love that we both got married around Christmas time and have filled our trees with special ornaments from places we've been! Such fun traditions!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails