I had been eying this recipe for a while, and the other week I noticed I had all the ingredients on hand (love it when that happens!). It was absolutely delicious... I wouldn't say it's the healthiest for you, but hey it has broccoli in it right? Plus the satisfaction of making cream of chicken soup from scratch always makes me feel like a professional chef in the kitchen too :)
FRENCH CHICKEN BROCCOLI SUPREME
Ingredients:
1 – lb. fresh broccoli Break in pieces, and steam for 2 minutes.
3 cups cooked chicken breasts – Break up in small pieces
3 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese divided
2 tubes Ritz Crackers (Kyle and I agreed that it could be less... ours was almost too much topping!)
1 stick melted butter
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
3 cups cooked chicken breasts – Break up in small pieces
3 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese divided
2 tubes Ritz Crackers (Kyle and I agreed that it could be less... ours was almost too much topping!)
1 stick melted butter
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
SAUCE:
1/3 cup Butter- melted
1/4 cups Cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup COLD Water
1/3 cup Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 cups of the above Cheddar Cheese
1/3 cup Butter- melted
1/4 cups Cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup COLD Water
1/3 cup Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 cups of the above Cheddar Cheese
Directions:
In greased 13×9 pan, layer the broccoli and chicken, then set aside.
In saucepan over medium heat, combine the melted butter, cornstarch
dissolved in water, chicken broth, seasonings, and milk. Stir well, and
continue stirring until sauce has thickened. Turn heat down to low, and
add 1- 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese. Stir until melted. Pour over the
chicken and broccoli. Top with 1- 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese.
Melt the butter, and add the poppy seeds, and stir well. Crush Ritz
crackers in large zip-lock bag with a rolling pin. Don’t crush too
small. Add crumbs to the melted butter. Sprinkle crumbs over the top of
the grated cheese.


2 comments:
Looks delicious! Two tubes of Ritz crackers and 3 cups of cheese? No wonder it tastes so good!
Oh my gosh, that looks amazing!!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!