We tried a crock pot recipe that I had pinned on Pinterest a while ago, and man am I so glad we made it. It was so easy, and came out very flavorful. YUM!
Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
Ingredients:
1 yellow onion, sliced
3 sweet peppers, sliced
1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breast or thighs
½ cup chicken broth
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cumin
1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
Squirt of lime juice
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Fajita fixings
Directions:
Combine sliced onion and peppers in the bottom of a greased crockpot. Lay chicken on top of veggies. Pour chicken broth over top. Sprinkle everything with cumin, salt, and chili powder. Give a nice quirt of lime juice over the top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. When meat is done, shred with two forks and stir back into juices. Serve meat mixture with slotted spoon on tortillas with your choice of fixings.

9 comments:
Next time, please include a picture of the final product, as your "ready to enjoy" photos are always mouth watering and send us off to get a snack.....we will have to try this recipe for sure. Also, was there an option to use steak instead of chicken? Thanks for sharing!
Looks like we'll be trying these! Yum!
your dad's comment made me laugh.
does the chicken need to be thawed or can it be frozen? may have to try this soon.
I had all the stuff to make this so it was our dinner tonight. Thanks for the yummy recipe!
I've read your blog for awhile but have never commented. (Our babies are close in age, so you popped up in a google search during your pregnancy.) Just a question: did your peppers not get soggy? Would love to try this!
YUM!! Just getting the crock pot out to make today. Thanks for the recipe, I always love your recipes!
I'm so glad y'all are going to try this recipe!
Dad- totally forgot to get an after picture! The raw chicken pic not doing it for you? Ha!
Jill- the recipe called for them to be thawed but I bet frozen would work too! If you try frozen let me know how it turns out!
Bethany- So neat you found our blog during our pregnancies! I wouldnt classify them as soggy, at the end once the chicken is shredded it all kind of mixes together and the flavor is so good. If you are wanting crunch you could put some crisp lettuce inside, but we thought the peppers turned out great in there!
Grace & Mom- Hope y'all like it!!
I can't wait to give these a try. All the recipes I have tried from your blog have been winners in our house!
We loved it! and my Mom called me and made it the same day also! I used Frozen peppers and it was just as good. I didn't have lime juice so I used lemon and I think the lime would've been better. I think this is now on both my Mom and my rotation. Thanks so much for posting!!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!