Emery and I took a mini vacation two weeks ago and headed up to Raleigh to spend a couple extra days with the Dews (since we were going to be in town already for Coach D's 5K). Emery had so much fun playing with all her cousins and now that she's walking, she fit right in the crowd doing whatever they were doing. She seemed like such a big girl following the cousins down the hall and playing in their rooms with them! Unfortunately, Mom and Grandma were out of town, and Dad and Nick were heading out of town that weekend, but we squeezed in a little time with them before they left!
I love this picture of Dad with all his "lil helpers":
Em with Uncle Nick:
Em with Grandpa:
It was a beautiful day so the guys were having fun playing some basketball:
Soaking up some loving from family:
Our time together flew by, but luckily Tara took a couple pictures to document! Em being a big kid eating a snack at their table:
Lots of reading happened:
Bath time with the littles:
Lounging around before bed. I just love that the kids put a blanket on Tyson and he pretended to sleep too:
The next day, once Ky flew in town the wrestling started!
We could also finally give the Nats their 5th Birthday presents! A Braves jersey & shorts for Nathan and a new outfit plus dangly earrings for Natalie. They loved them!
Once the kiddos were asleep, we had a wonderful double date night in! The guys cooked and made everything: an appetizer of wings, main meal of steaks, potato casserole, and scallops followed by a dessert of apple crisp. It was sooooo good and we all ate WAY too much.
So thankful for our hubbies that love to cook for us!
The days passed by too quickly as always, but thank you Dews for opening up your house to us once again. Can't wait till the summer when it can be longer! Love you!
4 comments:
Love you too! So glad that you could come!!!!
I am one very blessed grandpa! ez
Sorry Linda and I missed it, but I made me so happy to see that you all had such a wonderful time together.
What a fun weekend!! I loved seeing all of the fun pictures! I can't believe how fast the Nats, Sams, and Emery are growing up! They are all so adorable!! And your date night in sounded amazing! yummm!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!