Friday, May 18, 2012

Whirlwind

There has been so much going on these last few weeks. Trying to write it all down in a blog post is not only time consuming but a little intimidating to use the correct words. But I just have to share, if only to show God's grace & provision for our family!

I shared how Kyle took a new job with Rubbermaid on our blog, but I left out one teeny-tiny super exciting part ;)  With this job, in 6-9 months we are able to transfer to Charlotte, North Carolina! (Probably start looking in December with the plans to be there in January).  Charlotte is where Kyle and I lived when we first got married, and we are so pumped to get back there and be closer to some of our best friends and family.  We immediately put our town home up on the market, trying to be proactive in selling it so that when we do move we won't have to deal with the burden of two mortgages next year.  
Well it was up for 10 days, and after 5 showings we got an offer!  We were "under contract" for about 4 days (4 craziest days ever as the couple wanted to move in by May 31st -- so lots of driving around the city & looking online for homes to rent).  On Wednesday of this week though, the news came that the contract had been canceled due to the buyers not being able to get financing.  Kyle and I both agree this was a blessing in disguise as packing up our house (with a toddler) and finding a new place to rent in less than 2 weeks was going to be insane.  Either way, our house is now back on the market as of yesterday and hopefully we'll have some more people interested in it over the next couple months!

One of the biggest reasons we didn't share the moving news on our blog was because of my work.  I didn't know how much longer I would be working and I didn't want word getting back that we were moving quite yet.  I officially have been working from home and taking care of Emery for an entire year now, and I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to do both.  But on the other hand, I knew that this was not a long term solution as Emery will be dropping her second nap any day now, and as she has gotten more mobile I don't want us to be tied down at home near my computer everyday.


On Monday April 23rd, I went into the office with the plans of talking to my boss about setting an end date for me, depending on how long it would take to train someone new and/or finish large projects that are going on.  Well God had another plan in mind!  That same morning, my boss called me into her office with tears in her eyes letting me know that my job as well as one other in our marketing department needed to be eliminated based on financial issues that our company is having.  Our department is one that has never been affected by this issue in the past, and unfortunately we had to be this time.  Even though that news is never easy to hear, it could not have worked out better for me and my family.  I can't go into more details on that, but we are so blessed by this outcome.  God is so good.


So, today is actually my last official day working, and this past Monday was my last day going into the office.  It was bittersweet to give everyone hugs and say goodbye, but I have such a peace about it and am SO excited to officially be a stay-at-home mom! Lacey brought in a yummy Panera breakfast, and then a large group of us went out to lunch to celebrate my last day.  I also came home with these beautiful flowers, one delivered from Ky and one from my boss, Donna.  It truly has been a great 4 year run with this company.

We also met Lacey last week for dinner to celebrate and just talk about everything going on.  I feel like it was just yesterday when we were both hired only a couple months apart from each other, and I have been so blessed to get to work with her for the past 4 years.  We are really such a great team, and I will always consider her a best friend. This change is not going to be easy on Lacey as she now will have the work of 2 of her friends added to her plate.  I have agreed to freelance for them during busy times though, so don't worry Lacey I'm still here if you need me. Love you girl!

Alright if you made it to the bottom of this post, that is all of our news, phew!  Kyle, Emery and I are so excited about this new phase happening in our lives and I feel so blessed that my goal of being a stay-at-home mom is happening!  Please keep your fingers crossed that an awesome buyer comes along for us before December... NC here we come!

16 comments:

Linda said...

To say that I am excited is an understatement! Cannot wait to have more time to "play" with you and Emery, and moving back to NC? YIPPEE!! Wish it was Raleigh, but I'll take Charlotte for sure! God has certainly been opening doors for you and Kyle, one by one, and it's amazing! Here's to the future!

Lori B said...

It is so awesome to see how God is working in and through this whole situation! God has the perfect plan and the perfect timing and I look forward to seeing where His journey takes you. Prayers for you all during this time!

Jenn said...

Congratulations on your last day of work, Leah! I'm so happy for you guys and it sounds like the timing of everything couldn't be better. Very exciting news!

Holly said...

Yay! What awesome news Leah! Congrats on everything! God is so good!

Lynsey said...

What wonderful news!!! Congrats on everything working out and isn't God's timing always amazing?

Erika Trevathan said...

Oh you are definitely blessed to have the opportunity to completely be a stay at home mom! I would love to have that but unfortunately we have become dependant on both of our incomes. Maybe one day though! So happy for you!:)

Unknown said...

Wow, Leah! Just reading all that made my head spin! What a testament to God's faithfulness to your family! That all just makes me smile. So excited for you guys

Unknown said...

Wow!! Whirlwind is right! We're praying for you guys- for a buyer to come soon and for your move to Charlotte! Congrats!

Tara said...

I love you and am so happy for you!

Bonnie Widmaier said...

i love to hear about how God is working in your life! he is so GOOD! you will be in my prayers during the next few months as you try to sell your place and get ready for a move. CONGRATULATIONS on all the wonderful things happening.

Sara said...

WAHHOOOOO!

Jenn & David said...

when I heard the news from Tara I just couldn't believe it. I am so extremely excited for you and your family and will be praying for you as you prepare for this transition. God has this perfect plan for you and I love seeing it all unfold for you all! Can't wait to welcome you back to good ole NC!

TupeloLove said...

Woooohooooo!!!!! I know I've told you one million times, but we are SO excited about you guys moving to NC!! I cannot wait to have you all nearby, and to be able to share in life's big moments together. And the way things happened for you guys was just perfect, such a blessing. We're here whenever you need us, and we'll be ready to help out however we can!!

Lacey said...

Aww this post made me smile and cry at the same time! :) I'm SO excited for you and Kyle!! But I'm sad I'm going to have to drive so far to see you now! :) But don't worry I'll be making the trip to come and visit as often as I can because I'll miss you too much! I'm so thankful that we met 5 years ago and you both became my first friends in Atlanta! You guys mean the world to me and I'm so happy for this new and exciting phase in your life! Love you!!

Derek and Amanda said...

Oh my goodness!!! How awesome!! I know all your NC family are pumped you will be so close. I know Linda has talked about you guys moving back to Charlotte for years!! haha!! So glad it is finally working out!! I am so happy for you and your family. Maybe we will get to see you more at church and such since you will be closer. =) I feel like I know you through Linda and Tara. haha.

Mama Cass said...

Way behind here, but so excited for you!!! Seems like its all falling together beautifully.

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails