Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Book Club and Christmas parties!

On Friday night I rushed from work over to my friend Jennifer's apartment to meet some other n-wed girls for our book club that we just started. Most of us are readers and just enjoy having 'girl time' so we though book club would be perfect! The book that Jennifer chose was "Family Tree" by Barbara Delinsky. I honestly only made it to page 50 before our meeting-- haha YES I WAS THAT GIRL. Luckily everyone let me still come and chat for a while. (BTW I wasn't the only one who hadn't finished) We had a wonderful time, and I ended up leaving early to head to a Christmas party which ended up working out so now I don't have the end ruined for me! We'll be meeting again in January to discuss another book, and maybe then I'll get a picture of all of us!

So next is Gina's Christmas party!
Here is a shot I got of all the aspen girls (Jen, Lacey, Angela, Gina, me and Amanda)

So around 8:30 I swung by the house to pick up Kyle and headed over to Gina's apartment. She's one of the Aspen girls, and there were a bunch of other ladies there that we worked with along with some of her other friends. We had a good time hanging out (isn't that amazing that we work all day together but still look forward to seeing each other at night?) and playing the white elephant game. Kyle and I ended up with a SWEET cat night shirt... HAHAHA.

Kyle and I getting ready for the game:
Umm Kyle was not happy with my choice:
HOW PERFECT is this shirt for me though??
Here are the gals with our presents:
Lacey and I:
Afterwards everyone was starving so we stopped at.... yes you guessed it... Waffle House. The one and only place that I will refuse any food infront of my face. EUGH it's just so gross.
Lacey and Angela were so pumped:
Kyle was too, and I was not having it:
It was a hilarious night, fun fun!

Saturday night Kyle and I headed over to our friends, Matt and Amy's house for another Christmas party! She had some delicious food over there and we really enjoyed meeting all of their friends! We had a gingerbread making contest guys vs. girls and the GUYS WON!! They were creative using broccoli as trees and beer caps as satellite dishes. It was hilarious. 5 minutes after the judging though both roofs slid off of the houses... whoops! We also played the white elephant game and then called it a night! Busy couple of weeks before Christmas!!

6 comments:

Erin said...

I rejected the Awful Waffle for many years, myself. I just succumbed to the deliciousness that is the chocolate chip-pecan waffle and basically stick to that. At least I know only waffles are made on the waffle iron!

Sara said...

Leah, Waffle House's grilled cheese is delicious!

Love the cat shirt... if only you had that in time to wear it on your wedding night. :)

Hope to see you guys soon! Maybe we can meet at Waffle House?

Anonymous said...

Leah, I'm with you on the Waffle House...NASTY!

Tara said...

Wow, that was a very busy weekend!!!! I think your cat shirt is hilarious and your face in the waffle house picture cracked me up. You know, that's Jamie's favorite restaurant!

Melissa Pearce said...

Leah--
I live vicariously through your blog! It seems like you guys have so much fun all the time! I feel like such a boring old fart, but you are inspiring me to be creative.

Anonymous said...

Purrfect shirt for you Leah...hehe! A busy weekend for sure, but all fun! You gotta love a good Waffle House waffle!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails