Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Only when Kyle's out of town...

- Do we get ants in our entire pantry. Not just on one shelf, but all of them. Not just on the outside of packaging but in every single food bag we had. EUGH!

- Does our 9 foot Christmas tree fall over. Leaving water everywhere, broken ornaments, a broken stand, and a crying wife THINKING she's strong enough to pick back up the tree but not able to b/c of the broken stand.

- Do I get locked out of the house.... even WITH my keys. Our front door handle decided to break leaving me completely locked outside at 7:30 am when it was 28 degrees outside with no phone. I had locked the back door (doesn't have an opening for a key) by the handle the night before since Kyle was out of town. Well luckily one of my neighbors was home and I was able to use their phone to call Kyle
(yes it was 4:30 am California time... poor guy). He helped coach me to take one of his screwdrivers and take off the back door handle. I still can only go in and out our back door though since the front one is broken! Luckily Ky comes home today and will fix it!

What will happen next?! haha. This really makes me appreciate when Kyle is in town and what a great team we make together. It's a lot to face on your own for sure!!

10 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, Leah! That's terrible! I hope he comes home soon!

Sara said...

hahaha. oh my gosh! poor leah. we had ants once when joe wasn't home and i ended up spraying the entire kitchen with bleach and then getting a headache from the fumes. i would have freaked out at the broken tree stand!

TupeloLove said...

Reasons #362, 363, and 364 why we need to live in the same place.

The Schreibman Family said...

It's time for Kyle to come home! I feel the same way every time Philip goes out of town...something hits the fan. How we love our me...

ps. I had the ants happen... that is the worst and then you feel like ants are everywhere for days!

Graceandjoelroberts said...

Oh you poor thing, I've had the ant thing happen and its like they erupt everywhere!! They're awful. Yeah for Kyle coming home!

Brenda said...

Oh Leah, I am so sorry all of that happened to you! I can certainly relate with as often as Don goes away. Rest assured that these events only serve to make us even stronger in the long run!
You DO make an awesome team and when you're together nothing seems as difficult to handle, does it?
Can't wait to see you! xoxo

Serina Hardiman said...

Oh no, Leah! I'm so sorry to hear that! I can certainly lend you Chris when you need help. We probably weren't home for your lock out though. :( If you ever need us please don't hesitate to call or knock! We'd be glad to help. Now get that Kyle back to your house stat! :)

Bonnie Widmaier said...

oh man! you will laugh about it all once he gets home but i would be crying now too.

Mama Cass said...

this is crazy! poor you. glad kyle can save you soon!

Tara said...

Oh no! I knew about the tree stand, but the ants and door too! Poor thing- Glad Kyle is on his way home to rescue you!!!!

PS. The last two times that Jamie has been out of town were when our septic tank flooded our basement and when I started having bladder spasms/contractions...I've told him that he can't leave town either!!!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails