Remember how I told you we were volunteering at the Atlanta Union Mission here? Well we did more for that this weekend and this time it was just with the ladies! This weekend I organized a get together for all the n-wed girls to help make fleece blankets for the bunk beds in our room. The workers at the mission have to keep all the rooms so cold to help bacteria and other germs not to spread... so needless to say it's FREEZING in those rooms!We all picked up fleece fabric individually and brought it with us, then all sat around Barbara's dining room table to make it together and have girl talk. We ended up making 4 in about an hour, which was pretty good! We still have more to make but we are making progress for sure!
So here we are hard at work!
Did I mention how hard of work this really was?? (okay okay so it wasn't hard at all haha)
And the finished products!
We all had a really great time, I'm looking forward to doing it again!
4 comments:
that was the perfect idea!! they will appreciate those so much, and they really look cozy. :)
What a great idea! They will love those, and they seemed so easy to make!
So nice to give of your time and energy to help someone else...they will LOVE those blankets!!! So proud of all you are doing Sweetie.
I'm basically totally copying this post =) Thanks for sending the pictures! I had fun!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!