Tuesday, May 18, 2010

House concert with Matt & Amy!

On Saturday night, Matt and Amy invited me to their neighbors "house concert". I had never heard of this concept before, so I jumped on board to see what it was all about!
The show started at 8:00 pm, and immediately as we walked in we saw the "stage" (where they had replaced the light bulbs above their built in bookshelves to red and blue) and then they had chairs set up for us to sit in. Everyone was so nice, and we had a great time socializing before the event started. (Even though the lady I struck up a conversation with introduced herself to me 2 more times in the night... haha I guess I make quite an impression :)
There were 3 musicians who traveled from Nashville, TN together and they just rotated singing their songs. Sometimes they would sing background for the other, but they never really sang any songs together.

(In case you are interested, This was the 4th "house concert" that Greg, Amy's neighbor, has hosted. He plays the guitar himself, so he loves to support local artists. He just googled "house concert artists" and every time picks new people to come and perform. He sets up a table for them with their cds and t-shirts too so they can make money. It was $10 a person for us to attend)

We were thoroughly entertained by all the 40+ ladies that were swooning over one of the musicians, Billy Ryan (who's hat said "hank"?). By the end of the night we had nicknames for all the ladies... they were hilarious. They were all country musicians, so one of the ladies even wore pig tails and cowboy boots... dressed to impress :)
Amy and I with Billy Ryan:
It was a hilarious night, I wish so much that Kyle would have been in town! Thank you again Amy & Matt for letting me tag along!!

5 comments:

Southern Belle Mama said...

This sounds awesome! How did they get the musicians to come to their home?

leah said...

I just added this to my post, but just in case you didn't see it! This was the 4th "house concert" that Greg, Amy's neighbor, has hosted. He plays the guitar himself, so he loves to support local artists. He just googled "house concert artists" and every time picks new people to come and perform. He sets up a table for them with their cds and t-shirts too so they can make money. It was $10 a person for us to attend.

Caroline said...

This sounds and looks like a lot of fun. I've never been to one. That's funny about the lady!!

Tara said...

Very cool! I've been invited to several house concerts up here in WF, but never knew what they were. Loved reading about it!

Graceandjoelroberts said...

How fun! Leah, I'm convinced you cannot take a bad picture! They're all gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails