Friday, May 14, 2010

3 years in our house!

I can't believe that we've been in our house for 3 years (April 20, 2007)... it truly has flown by. We've done so many things to make this house "our home", so I thought it would be fun to link back to some projects we've finished! (Each one of the "bolded" words that you see below is a link. Just right click on the link and select "open link in new tab" so you can see each project we posted about!)

This was one of the first projects Kyle and my dad worked on. They ran electricity over to this side of the garage for the light, and hung the peg board and cabinets. Kyle loves this work space.
Another way to "pimp out" the garage, Kyle was given some fast track by a friend, so we immediately started hanging all of his sports equipment. I love how organized it all is.
The biggest project we've done is add a 3rd bedroom downstairs. My mom and dad came down for an entire week! Kyle and dad worked so hard on this, and I love all the special touches they added. (Click on the days to read all about it: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8)
Here is another view of the bookshelves. This took a lot of spraying and painting on our part!
Pretty soon after that was done, we focused on the stairway leading to the basement. Kyle and I ripped out the carpets in the basement foyer and added hardwoods. We also added judges paneling all the way down the stairs to make it look more finished.
This next one might be my most favorite though... the tile back splash (click here and here for more details) with under-cabinet lighting. Kyle and I enjoy it everyday... it is just so pretty! Once again my mom and dad came down and helped us add this to our house! We love it.
The last project we've done is to our laundry room. Kyle always joked about how that was the only room in our house that I hadn't painted... WELL I needed to fix that one right away :) We found these amazing cabinets from the habitat for humanity restore and replaced our white wire shelf with them!
Oh and did I mention how I painted our room & bathroom 3 times?
Yup you guessed it... same thing for the guest bedroom:
We love living in Marietta, but especially during the summer. There are so many festivals and fun events to attend, we are so looking forward to them! The last Friday of every month there are concerts and when we sit on our front porch we can hear the music.
Oh and look at how green everything is:
We love doing projects if you can't tell :) Hope this inspires you to do some as well this summer!

6 comments:

Big EZ said...

Wow, everything looks great. Lots of effort to complete the projects, but all of them add so much to your home! I love Kyle's organized garage and work space. (It reminds me of my garage).

Cindy Lou said...

Beautiful job! I remember seeing bits and pieces of these along the way but seeing it all together is really impressive!

Sara said...

mr. b is funny. :) love all the projects you've done, and i think they've added such great touches!

Derek and Amanda said...

What a beautiful house!! I sure remember hearing about a few of those adventures when your mom and dad went down to help you guys!! It all looks so good!! :)

Tara said...

Wow, to see all those projects on one post is amazing! You guys have done such a good job with everything!

I couldn't help but laugh when you'd say "And Mom and Dad came down..." for almost all of them:) We've got to get Dad better so he can be back at work on all these projects:) Or better yet...building our compound for all of us to live at one day:)

jessica lynn said...

ahhh you have such a cute blog and such a cute house!!!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails