Last night I tried another recipe from Pioneer Woman, one that I had heard rave reviews about from my friends, Lacey and Jen! It was as delicious as they said, once I could get past the warm cream cheese factor!?! Just in case you are a lover of french toast as well, I thought I would share! (OH and here is the original recipe so you can see her amazing pictures of it!)Stuffed French Toast
Ingredients
• 1 loaf French Bread
• 3 Tablespoons Any Flavor Fruit Spread (You Can Also Use Jelly, Jam, Or Fresh Fruit)
• ½ packages Cream Cheese (4 Oz), At Room Temperature
• 2 whole Eggs
• 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
• ½ cups Skim Milk
• 2 Tablespoons Butter
Directions
Cut french bread into 2-3 inch wide slices. Then, with a paring knife, go back and cut halfway into each slice, in the center, creating a ‘pocket’ that your fruit mixture can be stuffed into.
In a bowl, place the room temperature cream cheese and three tablespoons of fruit spread of your choice. Combine well.
In a separate bowl, break 2 eggs; add cinnamon and milk and combine well. Now, take fruit mixture and stuff into the ‘pockets’ of your french bread slices. Place on a baking sheet. When done stuffing each piece of bread, completely coat each piece in egg mixture. Make sure all sides are covered. Do all pieces before starting to fry.
Put 2 tbsp (you can use less!) of butter into a hot skillet and melt completely. Add all of the bread to the skillet and cook roughly about 3-6 minutes on each side, until it reaches a nice golden brown. You want to make sure the cream cheese mixture heats through. When done cooking, serve immediately with butter and syrup.
Here are some pictures of my process! Look at all those cut strawberries! (they were on sale so I bought & cut a ton for me to eat during the week!)
Here is my cut bread with the filling stuffed in the pocket!
And the cinnamon/egg/milk mixture that you soak the bread in before cooking: (before I mixed it up of course)
The final outcome!
Delicious!
Here is my cut bread with the filling stuffed in the pocket!
And the cinnamon/egg/milk mixture that you soak the bread in before cooking: (before I mixed it up of course)
The final outcome!
Delicious!
10 comments:
Mmmmm. That looks amazing! And of course it wouldn't be complete without bacon!
oh my yumminess!!! I want that this morning, but think I will have to wait until Saturday! Sooooo going to try this - thanks for sharing :-)
This looks so yummy! Every recipe you post I want to try! I seriously love Pioneer Woman. I made your Monkey bread over the weekend and it was so good! Everyone was impressed with my skills (I didn't tell them how easy it was!). Thanks for posting!
mmm, looks perfectly messy and delicious! :)
YUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!
This looks so yummy! I think I'll be making it for Nick for his birthday breakfast this Saturday!
I'm making another recipe from her website right now...it's Granny's Chocolate Cobbler and it looks like it's going to be delicious!! :)
Oh my goodness! These look incredible. You know how much I love french toast and add cream cheese on top and you've got a winner! Yummy!
My mouth is watering~!! I love your recipe reviews, we normally try what you put up here within the week :-)!
What is the name of that curly font in your pictures? I love it!
I've been drooling over this since she posted the recipe! Really want to try it!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!