Matt's 30th birthday weekend at Lake Lure!
This past weekend we headed up to Lake Lure, NC to celebrate Matt's 30th birthday. Lauren (my best friend since 1st grade!) and her husband Matt live in Shelby, NC so we don't get to see them as often as we'd like. We were so excited to meet at Matt's parents lake house and spend the entire weekend together.
Lauren had the house completely decorated, with streamers and signs everywhere. Lake Lure is only about 3.5 hours away from our house so it was awesome to get there on Friday night and still have time to catch up and laugh a lot before heading to bed.
On Saturday we woke up at 6 am so the guys could go skiing while the water was calm. Lauren and I were like zombies that early, but we did get some great pictures of the guys doing their thing.
Lake Lure is absolutely beautiful. Filled with character and nestled in the mountains, we just loved it.
After skiing we came back to make breakfast... creme brulee french toast. AMAZING. I will post the recipe soon!
We then headed to CHIMNEY ROCK to go hiking! It is a huge tourist trap, but the views are amazing and we had fun climbing the 5 billion stairs to the top.
Well let me correct myself.... Matt, Kyle and I had fun... Lauren on the other hand doesn't love hiking but she did it for us :) hahah

We headed back to the lake to float all day in their cove. It was so relaxing. We also took a boat ride later on too.
Lauren had made reservations at 7:30 to their favorite restaurant up there called Water Oak. It was just as delicious as they said. We had calamari, crab cakes, grilled ceaser salads, filet mignon and shrimp and grits. Man it was so good!

Sunday morning we woke up and celebrated Matt's birthday! Kyle made breakfast and then we opened presents. Lauren and I even sang our special birthday song which had the guys laughing so hard. The dogs enjoyed wearing the birthday hats too :)
We floated out on the lake some more before heading back to Atlanta. Lauren and Matt thank you SO MUCH for such an amazing, relaxing weekend. We enjoyed hanging out more then you know and can't wait to do it again soon! Love you guys!
6 comments:
look at tyson on the float! so glad you guys had a blast and got to finally see lauren and matt!
How fun!!! Looks like you guys had a blast! And it is such a gorgeous spot!
Such an awesome weekend you had!! Lauren was really cute with her decorations. I am sure her husband loved it. I am headed up to Lake Lure next week and can't wait. I have never been before and your photos make me really look forward to the trip.
Happy Birthday to Matt! What a great weekend full of fun, food, friends, and celebrations!!!! Lake Lure does look beautiful and I just love all the fun stuff you guys did together. What a ball!
what a great celebration. You all are just too cute!
Looks like a fun trip! I love the picture of Tyson on the floatie!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!