Friday, June 4, 2010

Visiting Ben & Katherine!

Every time we head up to Boone we always say "we HAVE to call Ben (a friend & guy that Kyle used to work for) & Becky (one of my best friends from graphic design at ASU)". Unfortunately it didn't work out to see Becky, but it did for Ben! YEAH!

Ben has his own HVAC and home remodeling business in Boone. Kyle helped him build 2 homes and install several heat and air systems, and I helped him paint a 3rd house one summer!
Sunday after our hike, Kyle and I cleaned up then headed out to Watauga Lake where Ben and his wife, Katherine, have a lake house. It is an absolutely beautiful house, and we had such a great time catching up with them.
When we got there they gave us a quick tour around the house, then we sat down for a delicious meal that Katherine cooked! After dinner we headed outside on their deck since the weather was so nice and talked out there for a little bit. Of course I took pictures :)
While Katherine put in a pie, we headed across the street to see their boat dock and a closer view of the lake. That house is truly the best of both worlds... mountains completely surrounding it and a beautiful lake across the street. Kyle and I were literally drooling.
We came back inside, played a couple games of pool, ate some pie and before we knew it it was 11:00! We had such a great time visiting with them, and hope to do it again next time we are in town! Thank you again Ben and Katherine for having us over, we loved it!!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow...who wouldn't be drooling? So glad you all got to catch up and enjoy such a gorgeous view!

Tara said...

That house is incredible!!! I would love to live somewhere like that one day!

Erin said...

I don't want to be coveting any neighbors' houses or anything, but color me jealous!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails