We decided last year that we would start trying for children in the summer of 2010, but we wanted to reach some financial goals before then. We hammered out a budget to stick to, and set a specific number to hit in our savings. By March we had reached our financial goal, and this comforted us to no end!
I started reading pregnancy books and researching online (What to Expect Before You Are Expecting, FertilityFriend.com, etc) in the beginning of the year. One day in March I remember waking up with one of my migraines and Kyle took my birth control pill pack and threw it in the trash. My doctors had ruled out everything else for my migraines so they were starting to think it was those pills. So needless to say mid March I went off of my birth control pills to really figure out my cycle, and let me add that my migraines basically disappeared! I starting paying attention to all the guidelines for conception (big surprise) like getting cleared by all your doctors, exercising & eating right, charting your ovulation, etc.
In all the research I had done, it said the average time to get pregnant was 6 months to 1 year for couples. So Kyle and I started trying 1 month earlier than we had planned, June instead of July, just in case it would take us longer. June 25th was the first morning I could take a test (4-5 days before missed period), and the whole night before I couldn't sleep I was just so excited. Finally around 6:30 am I snuck out of bed went into the bathroom and was shutting the door very quietly. Before I knew it I see Kyle's torso sit straight up in bed and say "Are you going to take a test?" with a HUGE smile on his face. Come to find out he slept terribly too b/c of nerves. So anyways we took a test together and the outcome was... confusing. There were 2 lines but one of them was SO faint that we just weren't sure.
Kyle suggested that I take another one that night, but I was so excited I immediately stuck my head under the faucet and started drinking as much water as I could. About 15 minutes later I took another test, and the outcome was THE SAME... the second line was so faint! Kyle had this "I told you so" look on his face, so we waited until that night to take another one.
So we ended up bringing a test to Lake Lure with us while we visited Lauren and Matt. That night I took another test (yes we are on test #3 right now and) and without a doubt there were 2 strong lines. Needless to say, we were BLOWN AWAY that it only took us 1 month to get pregnant but couldn't feel any more blessed!

** I do want to document that if you are thinking about getting pregnant go buy the DIGITAL kinds that say "pregnant" "not pregnant" and you won't have as much confusion as we faced!**That next week was when we headed on our vacation to St. John, and it was so fun to have that secret all to ourselves. I did crack and tell one random stranger that we met at dinner one night, he was from Winston Salem and he was very excited for us :)
So here is my 1 month belly shot from St. John. Absolutely nothing there besides a little bloating!

12 comments:
I love this, I can't wait to read along with all the major pregnancy milestones!! So exciting!!
How neat Leah! I am excited to hear the updates. I must say, birth control is not normal for your body at all. Derek has been tempted to throw mine away a few times but we need to deal with it for just a few more years. :) We are very excited for you and Kyle. And of course, the rest of your family that we see on a regular basis. :)
How exciting! I can't wait to read all the updates. I completely agree that digitial tests are the way to go! I did the same as you, took a few of the other ones and then finally went back to the store for a digital one! Those lines are way too confusing. Congratulations again!
oh yes, always go for the digital. :)
i'm so excited for the updates! i hope you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for finally feeling better!
That is AWESOME! So happy for you guys. It is SO hard to keep such an incredible secret! I love hearing all about it and what a huge blessing to get pregnant the first month and no migraines. God is so good!
Your Mommy loves that little pregnant tummy...bloated or not! So excited!
yay! i love following pregnancies. this is awesome leah, you guys are going to be great parents.
You are soooo precious, Leah!!! I love the story and pictures! Congrats again...can't wait to know who this little one is growing inside :-)
You are so cute! We are SOOOOO excited!!!!
Love your 1 month picture- you are too cute! :) I'm SO excited for you both!!
I am so excited and can't wait to find out if it's going to be a boy or girl.
so cute. you are going to be a lovely pregnant momma.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!