Wednesday, September 1, 2010

13 Weeks -- See ya 1st Trimester!

I am so excited to finally be in the second trimester! YEAH!!!

How Far Along: 13 weeks

Size of baby: A PEACH! (About 3 inches long)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: ZERO! Over the past 2 months, I've lost 4 pounds on and off, but I've been right at my starting weight for the past couple of weeks!

Maternity Clothes: YES! They are so comfortable (I have a post coming up on this soon)! When trying to fit into my normal clothes, I use my belly band with my pants unbuttoned but even still they are too snug on my tummy. My old shirts are all too tight, such a weird thing for Kyle and I to see since I've always gained weight in my thighs and hips, never my stomach.

Gender: Don't know yet!

Movement: Nothing yet! But I cannot WAIT for this!

What I miss: Being able to have my 'spunky' moments to make Kyle laugh. For the past 3 months, if I get up and move quickly I immediately start gagging. Which ultimately makes us both laugh too.

Sleep: Pretty good! Normally only wake up once around 3:00 or 4:00 am to go pee. Very thankful for my nightlights that we bought so I don't have to turn on the light every time!

Symptoms: Only threw up twice this week which is a HUGE improvement, and the gagging has almost stopped completely. And the "episodes" have not been back for a couple weeks now!

Cravings: My cravings have switched from healthy fruit to anything that is salty. The winners the past couple weeks have been: Guacamole, Sliced cheddar cheese, Pickles, and Mashed Potatoes. I also absolutely love Italian Ice, and eat one of those every night for dessert.

Best Moment this week: Having date night with Kyle on Friday, including getting a prenatal massage, yummy dinner, and cuddling up on the couch for a movie. Absolutely loved it! (OH and also I went 2 days without any zofran... which was HUGE!)

What we are looking forward to: Our doctors appointment on Friday morning! We will be getting the Nuchal Translucency Screening Test done to check the
baby's risk of having Down syndrome (DS) and some other chromosomal abnormalities as well as major congenital heart problems. It is no threat to the baby, and we'll get to see it performed on an ultrasound! Please pray that we have a healthy growing baby with good test results!

AND JUST FOR KICKS... I squeezed back into the clothes we took my 2 month belly shot in. I think it'll definitely be the last month for these!
My pants are sooo tight:
MAN what a miracle this is!! God is so good!

19 comments:

Jenn & David said...

Love seeing all the updates Leah. And I am so glad you had a "great" moment of the week with no zofran. Sure hope you are feeling much better. Love ya!

Linda said...

Oh I just LOVE that baby bump! You look so cute Sweetie! Keep up the good work growing that little one. You are gonna really enjoy this trimester. Love you!

Derek and Amanda said...

What a great informative update!! :) Very glad to see these and see how the baby is growning! Hope you continue to get better with the sickness.

TupeloLove said...

LEEEAAAHHH!!!! I love this. I am so excited for you. You look amazing!!

TupeloLove said...

P.S. I crave guacamole at all times, despite not being prego!

B said...

You look so adorable! Look at that little baby bump :)

Graceandjoelroberts said...

You are SO CUTE! Yeah for the 2nd trimester!! So happy for you and so much fun to follow along!

Sara said...

oh my goodness, i can tell you're feeling so much better!!!! yay! you look so great.

oh, and did you know i go to the bathroom 3 or 4 times a night and never even open my eyes? i'm that good.

hooray for the 2nd trimester. :)

Tara said...

Leah, Your tummy is so cute! I love that black and white shirt that you are wearing and wore it so many times! I am so glad that you are getting use out of it too!!!

Praise the Lord that you are feeling better and that the episodes have subsided. 2nd trimester was always my favorite so I hope it is wonderful for you too!

Love you and that baby already!

the girl in the red shoes said...

I love the pictures! You look amazing!

Holly and Chris said...

I'm so jealous! At 16 weeks today, I am hardly showing. Although, I did have to buy bigger underwear! You look great!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post!! I am excited to see your monthly pictures! :0)

Lynsey said...

You look great! So glad you are starting to feel better! Hopefully this is a turning point and you will have a wonderful pregnancy from here on out. Praying for a healthy baby for you!

Jillian said...

So exciting!! Cute pics =)

Grandma said...

Loved your post! That tummy is growing! Glad to hear that the nausea has subsided. Am using my new Mac to type this.

Jessi said...

Hey Leah,

This is Jessi from ASU Dance Ensemble. I found your blog through Lauren Farrington's wedding blog. Just wanted to say congrats on the new addition. My husband and I had our 1st last August, what a joy. We live in Marrietta as well :) Much luck with your pregnancy!

-Jessi Edwards

Lauren and Justin said...

YAY YAY YAY! that baby bump is the cutest thing i've seen in a long time :) You look like you are feeling alot better - have fun seeing your baby via ultrasound tomorrow!! love yall...

Bonnie Widmaier said...

do you need maternity clothes? i read in one of your posts that tara was passing all of hers down to you, but wondering if you needed/wanted some more. i am done with my pregnant days and have a ton of stuff. email me if you are interested.

Cindy Lou said...

Just loving these updates! You look fantastic!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails