Thursday, September 23, 2010

Books on Tape & TV Shows!

I am seriously getting addicted to listening to books on tape. It's such an escape for me during my long commute, and makes time just fly. I wanted to share the books that I've been "reading" lately and see if you all had any other recommendations!


For book club this month we are reading THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett.
It was SO GOOD and I would recommend it to anyone!


My latest addiction is THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins.
(Thank you to Julie for the recommendation and Lacey for buying the first one for me!)
I just finished it and have moved on to the second book in the series, CATCHING FIRE:
And then will move onto the third book, MOCKING JAY:


And then I can't forget my favorite author, Nicholas Sparks newest release, SAFE HAVEN!
I love all his books and am excited I have a new one to read!


As far as TV Shows, I feel like we have been looking forward to this week for so long!
All of our favorites came back this week, finally!


HOUSE

NCIS

NCIS:LA

BIGGEST LOSER

GLEE

BONES

THE OFFICE


What are you excited about reading and/or watching lately?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahhahaah i just impulse bought and read the hunger games in ONE DAY because i wanted to see what happened so bad (and because i do nothing)

let me know how the rest of the series is!

Sara said...

you should try modern family... it's hilarious. i know it took you a while to get used to the dry humor of the office, and this one is kinda the same way.

i am in LOVE with a show called parenthood. cry at every single episode. it's awesome. it's already 2 weeks in, but you could catch up online.

and sadly, i have no book suggestions because i don't have the brain power to read right now. :(

Rachel said...

So funny--your book selections pretty much match up what's in my Kindle right now! I'm currently reading Safe Haven and have already cried numerous times through it...Nicholas Sparks' books are just too wonderful. AND I read The Help over the summer and absolutely LOVED it...pretty cool fact--they're filming the movie in my hometown right now, so I've gotten to see alot of the scenes, especially the infamous toilet one!

Oh, by the way, I'm a new reader and I love your blog :)

Jessica said...

i'm with sara on parenthood - one of my faves for sure! other faves include: criminal minds, ncis (i prefer la), grey's, castle, glee, project runway, the mentalist..& then the stupid shows like jersey shore (i admit it!), real world/challenges, shows on bravo and say yes to the dress (ny and atlanta). :)

and, i just bought safe haven this afternoon! i usually wait for the paperback, but it was 40% off at b&n. i look forward to reading it! (and all the other books i have stacked in my drawer!)

Jillian said...

Isn't The Help wonderful!?

As far as TV goes:

Glee, Parenthood (really good), 90210 (guilty pleasure), and I'm looking forward to the new show My Generation which comes on tonight

Heather Ritchie said...

I'm definitely excited about TV...Grey's Anatomy premiere in about 20 minutes!

Piecing it back together said...

My book club just finished reading The Help too (I just posted about it!), and we're reading The Hunger Games next! I loved The Help! Easily one of the best books I've ever read, and that's saying a lot because I love reading. Glad to see you liked it too :)

Holly and Chris said...

I am going to have to start doing books on tape! Do you check them out from the library?

I am excited about Glee and The Office too! Glee makes me want to sing around the house at the top of my lungs! Chris gets annoyed!

Help was AWESOME!!! I can't wait to meet!

I'm over Biggest Loser...Something just changed about it. I don't know! Chris still likes it.

Holly and Chris said...

As I was reading Marietta High School's newspaper, The Pitchfork, I noticed a rave review on The Hunger Games series!

Just FYI!

Holly said...

Oh Nicholas Sparks is my favorite too and I do own all of his books also! Love him and cannot WAIT to read the new one!

the girl in the red shoes said...

So glad you are reading the Hunger Games! I was sad when I finished them...we will have to chat once you're done. And I'm totally adding the new Nicholas Sparks book to my list!

Lynsey said...

I really liked The Help and I just finished reading Safe Haven and like always, it did not disappoint! Hope you enjoy it too. I might have to start reading the Hunger Games, now. You have me interested in them.

Oh and I am addicted to NCIS too!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails