Monday, September 20, 2010

Celebrating Marshal's 30th Birthday!

For part of Labor Day weekend, we headed to Charlotte to surprise Marshal for his 30th Birthday! We ended up getting out of work early that Friday, so we were able to make it to dinner with them. Molly had reservations at 7:30, which meant they had to leave their house at 7. Well we didn't show up until 7:05, so Molly had to do some stalling! She told Marsh she wasn't feeling very well and needed some fresh air outside, and that's when we pulled up. He was completely shocked!

We all went to Zio's, an AMAZING Italian restaurant in Charlotte. It just so happens that the people who started this restaurant also have one in Marshal's hometown that he went to all growing up! We ordered so many things off the menu (2 apps, pizza and pasta), and I'm seriously counting down till we can go there again!


Saturday was a busy day! The guys headed off to golf with a bunch of Marshal's friends, while Molly and I ran errands and got everything ready for the surprise party that night. Molly ended up calling Marshal later in the afternoon saying "Leah is starving and craving Guacamole" can you meet us at Cantina in an hour? Sweet Marshal knows how pregnant cravings are and said YES, told Kyle the plan (although he was in on it), and they headed to come meet us. Meanwhile we were already there with about 20 other people!

Molly and I waited outside until the guys came, then acted like we needed a table for 4. The waitresses were even having fun playing on the surprise "checking to see if they had a table". We walked in and everyone yelled SURPRISE!
Marshal could not believe it, as he already told Molly he wanted a "low key" 30th birthday. The food was delicious and we had such a great time with all their friends!
M&M:
L&K:
The last surprise from Molly was a cake that she ordered for Marshal. It's the same flavor as their wedding cake and man it was SO good.
Sunday morning we went for a walk with the dogs before Kyle and I headed back. I did not take ANY pictures this entire weekend, thank heavens I can steal them from Molly :) The guys were walking ahead with the dogs while Molly and I chatted behind. Man the weather was perfect!
When we got in the car to head home, I saw that Molly had packed an entire snack bag for me including cheese & crackers, apple wedges, some left over birthday cake, jelly beans, a bagel, the most amazing cupcakes ever, etc. How sweet was that?!? We had such a great time celebrating Marshal's 30th Birthday! M&M we are so thankful to have you guys in our life, can't wait to hang out again soon!!

6 comments:

TupeloLove said...

Muah! We love you guys like family. I am so happy we get to celebrate some of life's biggest moments together. Thank you SO much for coming and for being so helpful with all the surprises!! You both are the best!! XOXO

Linda said...

Sounds like the perfect 30th birthday celebration from start to finish! Good for Molly, (and you and Kyle) for pulling it off!

Sara said...

fun weekend! glad you were feeling good to enjoy it and all the surprises went off without a hitch!! :)

Jen said...

Sounds like a great 30th birthday for Marshal! Molly- those cupcakes were amazing! I had a strawberry one and it was seriously the most incredible cupcake I've ever had! You need to do a post on where you got them.

Tara said...

I'm so glad that you guys got to be a part of Marshal's B-day celebration! Sounds like he was surprised two nights in a row! Fun, fun!

The Schreibman Family said...

So bummed we missed you all by minutes on the greenway that weekend.
Moly and Marshall sure are great friends.
I think she looks like Trista from the bachelorette when she pulls her hair back.

Hope your feeling well Leah!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails