My sister, Tara, visited Marietta 2 weeks ago and man was it a fun time. Kyle had to take his first week long business trip after Emery joined the family, so I asked none other then supermom herself to come help me! (Anyone who can take care of 2 sets of boy/girl twins with a smile constantly on their face = supermom in my book!)I couldn't believe it when Tara said she could come down and stay for a whole week!! Her husband, Jamie, and my mom made it happen, taking care of the 4 kiddos while she came on "vacation" in Atlanta! I knew having her here would help give me the confidence I need to be able to go out with Emery and still live my life the way I want to! And I was right, we checked more things off my to-do list then I have in MONTHS! Not to mention we had the best sister bonding time, it was great!!
First things first I had to take her to Pappasitto's. The best Mexican restaurant here in Atlanta! It was Emery's first time eating out at a restaurant. She did great, slept in her car seat the entire time!
Did I mention it was the first time I had driven a car since Emery was born?
Took our first trip to the mall! And of course had to dress Emery for the occasion:
Had LOTS of cuddle time too! I actually learned TONS of tips from Tara on this and Emery takes better naps now because of it!
Introduced her to our favorite Italian place, Ippolito's. Love it!
Went grocery shopping and did some cooking of our own! Of course you know I'm cutting onions from the pic below :) Tara just had to see me in action with the goggles!
Our freezer is PACKED now. I had made about 4 different casseroles before Emery came, but Tara and I added to it! We are SET with chili, meatloaf, bbq sandwiches, banana bread (thanks mom!), hashbrown casseroles, lots of meat, and a couple already made frozen meals. It's been such a blessing to not cook anything!
Of course I couldn't take pictures of everything but she also helped me mail packages to friends, clean out my closet, fax documents to insurance, return & buy necessary items to Babies R Us, fill out baby book including hand print and foot prints, and a TON more. OH and did I mention that she slept in the bed with me and got up during the night feedings to do Kyle's job of changing Emery's diaper? Yeah. Amazing :)
Thank you Tara for coming down to spend an entire week with Emery and I. I learned so much but most importantly gained the confidence I needed to be a great mom to Em. Love you so much, I am SO THANKFUL to have you as my sister :)










14 comments:
Oh, Leah, I LOVED coming down there!!!! I am so thankful that I got the opportunity to spend a week down there with you and Emery. I had SO MUCH FUN!!! The week went by so fast and was filled with so many good times. I loved all of our conversations, the shopping trips, the food and cooking, and the snuggles. The things I remember most though are all the times we LAUGHED so hard :) We sure did have fun!
And no, I'm not a supermom, just one who enjoys motherhood, but makes lots of mistakes in the process~ Each night I just pray that God will fill in all the gaps that I miss :)
Love you! So glad to have you as my sister too!!!!
What a blessing it is for your Mommy to be reading this about her two daughters...now Mommies themselves! So thankful we were able to make this happen and that you had that precious time together. Sure do love my girls!
makes me happy that we are all so close, A+ blog and glad you girls had a great time ;)
You two are so adorable... and i have to watch myself and make sure im not jealous of you two having each other. I wish so bad I had a sister!
I bet Tara didnt know what to do with only one baby hehe - love your diaper bag btw!! where'd you get it?
You look great and seem to be embracing motherhood great.. so organized too.
Im having major baby fever btw, your blog doesnt help :)
What a wonderful sister! I love that she spent a week with you and did what sisters do best...loved on you!
This post made me want to cry! Then I read Tara, Nick, and your mom's comments, and I DID cry! So nice to have a week with your sister, just spending time bonding and building special memories.
I heard all about it, but reading it, and seeing the photos, made it so special. So happy that you are so close. What a blessing you both are to me! Gigi
wow, go tara! what a blessing she was! i'm so glad she helped you feel more confident and gave you some company while kyle was gone. so fun!!
You guys are so cute!! So glad that Tara was able to come and help. I think she has a new business if she wanted to go into it!
So fun, you're so lucky to have a sister so involved! What a great time together!
Not that we didnt already know how amazing Tara is...but you two are so lucky to have each other. I am sure her week with you was a vacation! Its awesome that you can feed off each other and that she was blessed with such a wonderful support system to come stay with you.
I love me some Baker family!
Looks like you and Tara had such an amazing week together!!! So glad you got to have her there to help and to make so many special memories!
What a great time and a wonderful sissy! That sounds like a perfect visit1 =)
That's so awesome! I am so glad you had that, almost makes me cry...I could have really used that. The confidence thing it hard. :)
Looks like you are doing great! :)
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!