For my Grandma's 80th birthday last year we gave her a plane ticket to visit us in Atlanta once Emery was born. We knew it would be special for Grandma to spend a whole week cuddling with her 8th grandchild, and that's exactly what she did!
She flew in Sunday, April 10th and stayed until that next Sunday! Here we are at the airport picking her up!
Kyle traveled to Puerto Rico for a couple days that week for work, so it was great having help with Emery and just spending some quality time together! She helped me run errands and go grocery shopping, as well as taught me her "burping techniques" -- she is the queen at getting babies to burp!
Emery's face in this one cracks me up:
We also went up to the square to enjoy the pretty weather and eat yogurt one day! We also toured the Gone with the Wind Museum, but unfortunately were disappointed as the only correlation that Marietta has to that movie is that the author of the book was from here.
Our great family friend, Sandi, visited with her little grandson Mason:
And of course the rest of our time we spent sitting and talking while Emery snoozed on Grandma:
I snapped one of Ky and Grandma before she left!
We still can't believe how fast the week flew by! Thank you so much again Grandma for spending an entire week in Marietta with us. It was such a special time to have you completely to ourselves! Love you!








9 comments:
I deleted the first comment because I had a typo, so here I go again. Words can never express my appreciation for this wonderful birthday present. The week just flew by, and that's because I loved every second I spent with you all. I loved holding (and burping) your beautiful Emery and my time spent with you Leah, is a wonderful memory tucked away in my heart. Kyle, thanks for being the best host ever! You both made me feel so special. I am truly blessed!
precious precious time together!! so glad she could make it!
Yay for a week with Gigi! I bet it was amazing, and I might have to ask for that burping technique someday soon! Love that you had that precious time together!
So glad she was able to come and spend a week with her newest grandchild. So special!
That is so sweet that you got to spend that time with your Grandma!
Awwww...what a sweet visit!
I was able to visit with your mom and Gigi today and they couldn't stop talking about that precious Emery. You could tell that the trip just made her so very happy. What a blessing to have her there sharing in the fun.
I am so happy that Gigi got to come stay with you!!! What a great birthday present for her, and treat for you too! She is a great burper, laundry-folder, snuggler, and baby holder!!!
Can't wait to see you this weekend! Love you!
We certainly missed her around here, but knew she was "doing her thing" in Marietta with Emery! She could rock, burp and soothe you, Tara and Nick like no other. It is such a blessing to see her continuing to bless our babies with her love and attention. The time with you and Kyle was so precious too, for all of you!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!