Monday, March 26, 2012

The Keys - Day 4 & 5

Saturday morning, we woke up and ran to the marina to meet Van for a boat ride! Van and my dad used to go fishing all the time together in college, so it was thrilling for all of us to see dad on a boat again!
Once again the boats on the canal were breathtaking... what a life!
Em always cracks us up when she gets in life jackets, but did great as usual!
After the boat ride, I layed out in the backyard of the villa while Emery took her morning nap.  Kyle and Nick decided to rent stand up paddle boards, as it's something they both had wanted to try for a while.  They were cracking me up, screaming for me to take pictures when they passed our villa.  They had A BLAST and loved touring around Duck Key on them.
Kyle and Nick:
Once Emery woke up we headed to the pool again!
Have I said how awesome this raft is yet?
Our family:
Bathing beauty with wrinkly feet:
Standing up in the pool:

Saturday night Kyle, Nick, Emery and I headed to the Marathon Seafood Festival.  The weather was perfect,  and we tried so many different types of seafood.  It was all so delicious! We walked around for a little bit while listening to the live music then headed back to the resort.  A fun night out seeing what locals do :)
My hubby:
My sweetie:
After the Festival we came back to the resort and met our family for some ice cream. YUM!
On Sunday morning, we left early and drove to Key West to walk around a little bit before our plane departed.  Emery fell asleep immediately once she got in the Boba carrier, so I got my work out for the day walking around with her!  What a great way to end our vacation.
We were sad to leave, but would HIGHLY recommend Duck Key and Hawks Cay to everyone!

7 comments:

the girl in the red shoes said...

Looks like a fabulous trip! And the paddle boarding looks like fun too....I've always wanted to try it. Emery looks like such a big girl in her life jacket...I love it!

Holly said...

Love all the photos and looks like you guys had an amazing time! SO jealous!! Love those wrinkly feet of Em's too! :)

Lynsey said...

Looks like you had an amazing time!!

Unknown said...

What a great vacation! I LOVE the picture of Emery's wrinkly feet!! So cute!

Tara said...

I'm so glad that Dad could get on the boat! That water is gorgeous! And I love the paddle boat pictures. How funny! I can picture them screaming at you to take pictures :) And I'm so glad that you went to the seafood festival. I WOULD'VE SO BEEN THERE WITH YOU! Yummy!

Lacey said...

Oh my goodness, you captured so many great moments- I love all of your pictures! The water was gorgeous and pool time looked like a blast! Em is absolutely adorable in her bathing suits, sunglasses, and life jackets! Glad you all such a fun trip!!

The Schreibman Family said...

seriously that kid is CUTE CUTE CUTEEEEEEEEE

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails