Monday, August 20, 2012

Cali Trip: San Francisco!

After a long 5 hour flight to California, we immediately crashed as soon as we got to the hotel!  I really shouldn't complain as Emery did awesome on the plane just did not want to go to sleep until the last hour! Another great part about it was that she got used to the time change no problem. So that worked out well!
Anyways, Saturday morning we woke up and immediately started trekking it through the city.  We had no agenda and just kind of wandered for the entire day... it was awesome!

On our way to find breakfast we stopped by Union Square where the best names in fashion, dining and theater can be found.  It was so cold outside!
We found a delicious breakfast to fill us up for the morning!
Then headed out walking around the city!  Oh man those hills are crazy!
Our first stop was Lombard Street, the curviest street in San Francisco.  It was so beautiful with all the landscaping.  Cars are driving down it constantly.
It was a long walk there from our hotel, so Emery took her morning nap in the stroller.  Worked out perfectly!
The view from Lombard:
We decided to keep walking and head to the water.  Before we knew it we had a view of Alcatraz!
We made it to Ghirardelli Square and Hyde Street Pier where people were actually out swimming in the freezing cold ocean!
We walked down to Fishermans Wharf and just had to get lobster bisque and crab chowder in bread bowls!  Delicious!
And were able to see a clear shot of Alcatraz. We would have loved to take a ferry out and tour it but just didn't have time!
We then explored Pier 39 and LOVED IT.  All the restaurants, shops, carousel and sea lions were so fun... and the area was so clean.
A store just for Lefty's! Emery LOVED the carousel!
But she did not like hearing the Sea Lions barking and I don't blame her.  They are crazy looking animals.
By this point it was getting close to check-out time at the hotel, so instead of walking back (our legs were tired!) we hopped on the cable car to get the true San Francisco experience.
I was thankful we rode it back to the hotel too, those hills are no joke!  After packing up our stuff from the hotel, we headed out in the opposite direction and walked to the Ferry Building.  There was a Farmer's Market going on and we ate at an awesome Mexican restaurant there before heading back to the car to head out of the city!
I just have to share this picture... Emery totally PHOTO BOMBED!
Our last stop on the way out of town was to see "The Painted Ladies", or as most people know them by the homes on FULL HOUSE!
They are beautiful and it was fun to see them in person!  It was a great day in the city and we had a wonderful night spent with Kyle's extended family in Pleasanton.  Next up YOSEMITE!

11 comments:

Sara said...

awesome pictures!!! love that you could explore with no set plans. can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

where is that white jacket from? Thanks!

the girl in the red shoes said...

What a fun trip! I love San Francisco! I'm so glad you guys had a great time.

Linda said...

Daddy and I loved exploring San Fran and did enjoy the trip to Alcatraz. Dad bought the hardback book so you'll have to read it before you go back! Your pictures look like postcards...must have been gorgeous weather! So happy you got to see such a colorful seaside city!

Anonymous said...

I love that jacket!

Erika Trevathan said...

The little face Emery is making in the picture where she's in the backpack, cracks me up! Too cute:)

Lynsey said...

Such a fun trip and great pictures! Love your white jacket. Where is it from?

Tara said...

Loved seeing these pictures of ya'll in San Fran. We loved that city too! The soup in the bread bowls made my mouth water :) Aren't they so yummy? And we did Lombard street and the painted ladies too... No joke about the hills or the noisy seals! I laughed at the photo bomb of Emery... and loved the ones of you and Kyle with her individually. Beautiful! And yes, I love your white jacket too!

Grandma said...

Thanks for the great tour of San Francisco I can see why everyone loves the city. Beautiful!

leah said...

Thank y'all for your comments! My white jacket is actually Prana brand. It's so comfortable!

Lacey said...

Wow! You got some amazing pictures!! I'm glad you had so much fun in San Francisco! It's definitely on my list now of places I need to go visit!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails