I know I've posted some Enchilada recipes on here before, but y'all this is the easiest one I've tried that tastes absolutely delicious (thank you Pinterest!). It would be an awesome meal to make for company coming over!
White Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients:
10 soft taco shells (we used whole wheat ones)
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth (we used reduced sodium)
1 cup sour cream (light)
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add
broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and
bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.

3 comments:
Sounds easy and looks delicious! I'm all about easy and will definitely try this one! Thanks Sweetie...you have become quite the cook!
These sound very similar to a recipe I use! Have you tried making this with homemade taco shells? I found that it's healthier and makes it taste even richer :)
Budget Earth - Kid Friendly Vegetarian Cookbooks
Looks awesome---just saved to Pinterest for later use:)
Thanks for sharing!!
-Julie
http://www.thechirpingmoms.com
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!