Sunday, April 20, 2008

ASU Ice Hockey Alumni Game

This weekend Kyle, Tyson and I drove to Raleigh for the annual Appalachian State Ice Hockey Alumni Game. It's always a fun event having all the alumni reunite and play against the current team at ASU. We drove in Friday night, actually making good time and getting to my parents house around 11:00! Of course we stopped by Goodberry's, the best icecream on the planet that is only located in the Raleigh area, and brought my parents some too! Saturday we woke up to the sound of babies! Tara had brought the twins over for a visit. Natalie is getting her FIRST tooth, and is totally uncomfortable right now and gets upset easily. Nathan is so busy trying to walk everywhere and get into everything he can! Kyle had to head to hockey practice, so Tara, the twins, & I went over to Grandma and Grandpa's to visit with them for a while. Grandpa had just gone through chemo this past week, so he's still very week and nauseas. He has lost around 35 pounds through this whole process, and we can only pray that we'll get good results from all the treatments he's going through. While we were all there, we got a call from our cousin, Sarah, telling us that she is having a baby with her new husband, David! She's due in November so we are all very excited to see her baby bump start appearing! Congrats Sarah we are so happy for you and need to schedule a trip to Florida soon!
Also while we were over at their house, Kyle and Grandma worked together to hook up her new BLUETOOTH headset! Who's grandma has bluetooth?? That's right mine does! Once they got that hooked up, they actually moved to her new car, a Toyota Highlander, and paired her phone with her car, so she could use the hands free function that it's equipt with. She was very excited that Kyle helped her out, and we both were very glad to get some quality time over there.
We then headed over to the Factory, in Wake Forest, to go watch the ASU Ice Hockey Team vs. Alumni Game. Kyle had the largest cheering section there including: Kerry & Brad, Mr. & Mrs. Guenther, Tara, Jamie & the twins, Alison, Paul & their 3 kids, Grandma, Jonathan & Kristi, Sara & Joe, and myself! Needless to say our "corner" was never quiet, and we all had such a great time watching the game. (Sara I really wanted to put up my picture just to make you laugh haha but I resisted!!) The Alumni lost, 8-5, but put up a really good fight!
Sara, Joe, Kyle & I:
Kyle & I with John & Kristi, friends from ASU (she's 7 months pregnant!)
Grandma came to support Kyle!!
Tara & I with the twins all bundled up!
Kyle & I spent the night with his parents and Sunday woke up for a nice breakfast to celebrate Kerry's 29th birthday! We played with their new puppy outside for a while, and they've actually decided on the name Eli.
It's so cute how Eli just runs around trying to bite anything he sees... including Tyson & Raven!

On our way out of town we drove over to Kerry & Brad's new house that they will close on May 30th! It is absolutely gorgeous, and made Kyle & I want to move!
Here is their new house! We also toured the HUGE clubhouse and got to hear about all of it's amenities. We are so happy for you guys, and are excited about this new step!

3 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

I had no idea you were married! Congratulations to you too! Thanks for being excited about our pregnancy! Lindsey and I are so excited to be blessed as parents!

Tara said...

What a wonderful recap of a great weekend! We loved having you all in Raleigh and spending time together- Good game Kyle! Ya'll put up a good fight:) And Happy Birthday to Kerry! I love their new house and what a cutie pie Eli is!

Love you!
Tara

Sara said...

thank you for resisting. if you had posted it, i might would have had to dig up something old and embarassing and scan it in. hehehe... i've got plenty of ammo. :) love you, hope to see you soon.

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails