Sunday, April 27, 2008

Charlotte for Steeplechase!

Kyle and I traveled this weekend to Charlotte, NC to go with our wonderful friends, Molly & Marshal to Queen's Cup Steeplechase. In other words, go to a horse race and get to wear fun outfits :) We got to Molly & Marshal's around 11:30 pm Friday night (Kyle had a group meeting for school so we didn't leave until around 7:45). We all took a trip to the 24 hour Harris Teeter near their house to get our share of the food for the race. Saturday morning we all woke up and started getting ready for the Horse Race. Molly & I both bought huge hats to wear, and the guys looked so cute in their outfits! Unfortunately our pictures didn't turn out very well... Molly and I can literally pick apart every one of them, BUT I'll post anyway.
The guys on our 5 mile hike to the tent from the car... haha
It was a little windy so Molly & I tried not to lose our hats!
The four of us... I am NOT pregnant Kyle was just holding my belly for some odd reason
Molly, Danielle and I sitting in the shade under our tent!
All the girls with our big hats on: mine really looks like a sombrero unfortunately!
The twins:
The horses jumping right by our tent:
If you look really closely on the left you can see that the jockey is about to fall off her horse... she and the horse were fine though.
Here are the horses running free!
Switching it up a little bit
On the way home Kyle hitched a ride instead of having to carry the cooler the whole way... absolutely hilarious:
We had a wonderful time hanging out with Molly & Marshal like always. They are so fun, and we all have so many similarities!! Saturday night we all took naps then went out to dinner to a great mexican restaurant, Cantina. It was absolutely delicious! Oh, Kyle brought some extra hockey equipment for Marshal, since Marsh plays now... WOO HOO!
Thanks again for a wonderful weekend, so great to spend time with you both as always!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Loved the pictures! Sounds like you had a great time- I think you looked beautiful! Definitely could have been a scene out of "Pretty Woman!" Loved the hat and the dress! Gorgeous:)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tara...you and Kyle looked awesome and what a fun outing! Loved the hat and it does NOT look like a sombrero! You are pretty woman #2:). You and Molly are way too critical of yourselves in pictures. Everyone looked so cute. Thanks for sharing!

Beth Anne said...

These are so cute!!! My good friends were there & her pictures were awesome as well -- what a fun thing to do! I'm so excited for Lauren's wedding coming up & seeing a lot of people for the first time in years!

TupeloLove said...

Leah you look GORGEOUS! We had so much fun, thanks for coming!!

Mindy said...

You look very regal! (Not sure where that "10-15 pounds" is going to come from?!?) You look FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

leah, i love the hat and dress. you looked beautiful. i get to visit tara, jamie and the twins tomorrow. i am super excited. wish you could be there too. i love to read your blog and see your pics.

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails