Well this weekend, Kyle & I split up to be part of wedding festivities for different friends. I flew Thursday night to Raleigh to spend a little time with my family and then drive with the rest of the ladies involved in Lauren's wedding to Emerald Isle for her Bachelorette weekend. Kyle, on the other hand, stayed in Marietta Friday night to attend a shower for Chris & Kathleen. He then drove to Charlotte to spend some time with friends and attend Keith & Zoe's (friends from ASU) wedding! Needless to say it was a busy weekend for both of us, and we had a lot to catch up on and tell each other when we got home to Marietta!
Since I was the one with a camera, I'll go first. Like I said, Thursday night I arrived in Raleigh around 7:00, just in time to make it for a spaghetti dinner at Tara's house. Mom, Tara & I had a great time catching up, since it's been months since I've seen them both! I spent the night at Tara's house so I could wake up the next morning on the twin's 1st birthday! I was able to spend their first week at home with Tara & the twins after they were born, so it was neat that I was able to do the same on their 1st birthday! We woke up, and gave the kids their birthday presents, since Kyle & I couldn't make the party on Saturday.
What the Nat's wore for their birthday party:
Here is how she laid everything out with all her cute names. She called the watermelon "waddlemelon". Hot Dogs = "hot ducks & buns". Cheetos = duck food. Crackers & Cheese = Quackers & cheese. Blue jello cups with rubber duckies on top!
Friday night through Sunday afternoon was spent with 12 other ladies in Emerald Isle for Lauren's Bachelorette party. We had a wonderful time, and it was SO relaxing.. which all of us desperately needed. It was so great to see & spend quality time with old friends.
All of us at dinner Saturday night:
The Blackmons (friends from Bayleaf ) let us use their beach house for the weekend, so that was a wonderful money saver for all of us! We tried laying out on the beach, but it was too cold with the wind, so we laid out on the porch of the house and soaked in the sun that way! We all slept about 3 to each bed, which brought up many memories from all of our youth group trips together. We also had a lingerie shower and hooked Lauren up with some cute new outfits! It was a WONDERFUL weekend, and I had such a great time catching up with everyone and laughing at all of our funny memories together! Sunday night Tara, Jamie, the twins AND Buddy, all drove me to the airport to catch my flight back home. It was so great seeing you all and I can't wait to see you again next weekend!! What a treat!
OK so Kyle didn't bring a camera with him, so I'll make this quick. He had a wonderful time at the Cajun Cookout for Chris & Kathleen. We've gotten the chance to meet all of Chris & Kathleens friends through all the showers, which is really neat to finally put faces with the names. Saturday morning Kyle & Tyson headed to Charlotte to go hang out with their best buds... Marshal & Tupelo!
Tyson & Tupelo kissing:
Kyle & Marshal hung out for most of the day Saturday, attending a "stick & puck" session so Marshal could get a feel for a hockey game. Later that night Kyle & Brad played in a pick-up game of hockey, with Molly & Marshal as their fans.
Here is a video that Molly took:
Kyle hasn't played ice hockey since last years game, so he needed practice for the game next weekend in Raleigh! Sunday, Kyle, Kerry & Brad headed to Keith & Zoe's wedding, which Kyle said was really fun. Zoe & Keith are such fun-loving people, and so cute together, so I'm sure it was a great day for them. Kyle then headed home so he could come straight to the airport to pick me up! And that's the recap!
3 comments:
WE LOVE OUR AUNT LEAH (and Uncle Kyle!) Thanks for the adorable outfits and for coming and helping with the "pre-party" festivities! Can't wait to see you all next weekend for the big hockey game:)
Love,
The Dew Crew
PS. Will you send me the pictures of Natalie and Nathan that you took? So adorable!!!
Hey... we weren't originally going to be in town this weekend, but now we are. Maybe we could come to the game? :) I would love to meet the twins! (And see you guys of course hehe)
We missed you Leah, but it looks like you had a great weekend. Can't wait to see you and catch up.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!