Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Groupon!

I haven't posted on this great find yet, so I wanted to before I forgot! My friend, Jen, introduced me to Groupon (www.groupon.com). Each day, Groupon features an unbeatable deal on the best stuff to do, see, eat, and buy in your city. By promising businesses a minimum number of customers, they provide discounts you won't find anywhere else. It. Is. Awesome.

I bought our first one when I saw House of Lu pop up in my daily email from Groupon! It is a Chinese restaurant that is a block away from our house that we have eaten at multiple times. I bought the Groupon certificate with $10, and in return we got a gift certificate for $25! Nothing makes me happier then getting deals like that!!

Instead of splitting a meal like we normally do we were able to both get meals, drinks and have some for left overs the next day. Awesome!

Here is what my gift certificate looked like:
I have only bought into the deal one other time for a fun restaurant in Atlanta (a date night in the future), but I am always keeping my eye out for other things that might interest us! It's perfect for couples and families for sure. OH and the deals aren't just on restaurants... I've seen sky diving, spas, museums, car washes, dentists... I mean the list goes on and on! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

YES! Groupon is amazing, we have used it multiple times! Tyler looks at it every day! :)

Sara said...

check out twongo too, it does the same thing! we got a $40 certificate for a plant nursery for $16!

Tara said...

How cool! I'll have to check it out!

leah said...

Thanks Sara! I actually looked on twongo a second ago and they aren't in Atlanta yet.... weird that they would be in Raleigh but not ATL! Sounds like they might be copying groupon!

The Schreibman Family said...

I use this ALL of the time. I just purchased carpet cleaning (2 rooms) for $39 today. They are coming out next Thursday to clean! TALK ABOUT A STEAL OF A DEAL! I also bought a pottery class for my mom and I that I will be blogging about soon. It is the best thing EVER! Guilty pleasure for sure for a bargain-a-holic.

Anonymous said...

Check out www.woot.com

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails