Thursday, April 29, 2010

Top 3 Thursday: Bucket List

Today's Top 3 is Things you want to check off your Bucket List!

1) HELI SKIING! This one is obviously Kyle's. The definition of this is: off-trail, downhill skiing that is accessed by a helicopter, not a ski lift. Heliskiing is essentially about skiing in a natural -- albeit highly selected -- environment without the effort or gear compromise required for hiking into these areas as in ski touring or ski mountaineering. (This scares me a lot considering the risk of avalanches, but I'm definitely not going to stop him from doing this... as it's been a dream of his for a really long time!)

2) SKY DIVING! This is one that Kyle and I share. It's probably the only "risky" thing that I haven't said no to yet... if you didn't know by now I am NOT a risk taker :) I do think this would be so cool to experience. We are throwing around the idea of doing it for our 30 birthdays!! (at least I have 3 more years to prepare myself!)

3) WORK IN AN ORPHANAGE. This is one of mine. Before my college graduation I had started researching and filling out applications, but with our engagement and a graphic design job offer it wasn't the right time. I'm still waiting for the right time, but I know I'll make it to Africa or another country some day to love on these sweet sweet kids.
So those are 3 of ours, what are some of yours?
p.s. this actually makes me want to start a list of all the things Kyle and I want to do. There are SO many things!!

4 comments:

Rachel and Mike Clifton said...

A lot of ours revolves around travelling...

1- Travel to Italy/Ireland/Spain/China/Belgium/Alaska- not neccesarily in that order(one of these things is not like the other... :) )

2- Hike the Grand Canyon. I went when I was 13, but Mike has never been, and I know I'd appreciate it even more experiencing it again.

3- Travel to every NASCAR race for one season, by motor home. Okay- this is Mikes... and I agreed to it (as long as we get a really nice motor home). Races are sometimes just as redneck as portrayed on tv... but at the same time, there is an incredible amount of science that goes into creating that "winning car"... and I'm sure we'll meet some really cool people!

Graceandjoelroberts said...

Heli skiing is the very top of Joel's list!! Let me know if Kyle goes, Joel wants someone to go with really bad, and I'd love to hang in the lodge while they go (or the spa :-)!!

Sara said...

hmmmm....

1. take all our kids out west when they are teenagers-ish (we want to do crater lake, california, and grand canyon, and lots of others)
2. go to new zealand or germany without kids
3. find our 'forever' home on a few acres of land with really old trees and a long winding driveway

Jillian said...

I have a few...

1) Sky Dive with Greg

2) Visit Australia/Hawaii/Spain/ Africa (missions) and go back to Ixtapa Mexico

3) Take a cross country road trip with Greg and our kids

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails