Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Monkey Bread!

For our Easter breakfast, Kyle and I decided to make Monkey Bread! This recipe is used at least once a month in my family... Birthdays, Holidays, Saturdays, whatever! OK let's get started!

Ingredients:
For biscuit mixture:
3 tubes refrigerated biscuits (Grands buttermilk flaky, green can)
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional... Kyle and I do not like nuts so we leave them out!)

For liquid mixture:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter

Instructions:
Separate biscuits and cut into quarters. Mix cinnamon and sugar. Grease 10 inch tube pan or bundt pan. Roll each piece of quartered biscuit in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place in pan. Layer nuts and biscuits alternately.
Bring to boil the sugar, evaporated milk, brown sugar and butter. Pour boiled mixture over layered biscuits.
Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Turn out of pan onto plate. Enjoy!

7 comments:

the girl in the red shoes said...

Yum! I think I might try making this on Saturday! Thanks for posting.

Lacey said...

YUMMM! That looks delicious!! Thanks for the recipe! I've only bought the frozen kind and baked that, so I'll have to try this the next time I make brunch!

WhatWillisIsTalkin'Bout said...

This looks so good!!! I can't wait to try it when i get home! (I dont have an oven here) and to me it looks like its a serving for one, is that right?? ;) so I will double the recipe for me and Clint! ;)

Tara said...

Yep, its a family tradition...and I'm so glad! It's so yummy and these pictures just make my mouth water.

Anonymous said...

Now I won't have to look up the recipe. Delish! -Mindy

Drea said...

mmmmmmmm this looks so yummy!

Drea
www.dreawood.com

Jen said...

I've never made monkey bread before, I'm going to have to try it!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails