(He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
Size of baby: A CANTALOUPE! (6.5 inches long, 10.6 ounces)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 1 more pound this week. I have officially gained 10 pounds-- ahh!
Gender: We find out this Friday at 9:15 am! Check on Friday afternoon for a blog post!
Movement: All day everyday! Kyle's able to feel him/her a ton now-- yeah!!
What I miss: Nothing really.
Sleep: Waking up probably once a night to go pee. I can always get comfortable on the bed, where the couch is trickier!
Symptoms: BABY BRAIN. I've always been bad with words but now it's impossible to make sentences without forgetting some words. Luckily, Kyle and the girls at work can finish my sentences most of the time! DREAMS are crazy every night -- last week I dreamt I gave birth to a baby octopus... EW!
Cravings: A really good Italian meal sounds heavenly right now! My appetite has REALLY increased this week. My stomach growls as soon as I wake up, and I'm eating normal size meals (which is so different than what I've been able to do the past 5 months) and am still hungry afterwords!
Best Moment this week: Kyle feeling the baby all the time, it's just so cool. I love that when I get home Kyle always gives me a kiss, then leans down and gives the baby a kiss. Without a doubt, he loves to watch my stomach grow.
What we are looking forward to: THIS WEEKEND!! Friday we find out the sex! SATURDAY we get to register, see our families (haven't seen dad since he graduated from his transplant class), AND go to the NC State fair!! I seriously can't wait!
Size of baby: A CANTALOUPE! (6.5 inches long, 10.6 ounces)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 1 more pound this week. I have officially gained 10 pounds-- ahh!
Gender: We find out this Friday at 9:15 am! Check on Friday afternoon for a blog post!
Movement: All day everyday! Kyle's able to feel him/her a ton now-- yeah!!
What I miss: Nothing really.
Sleep: Waking up probably once a night to go pee. I can always get comfortable on the bed, where the couch is trickier!
Symptoms: BABY BRAIN. I've always been bad with words but now it's impossible to make sentences without forgetting some words. Luckily, Kyle and the girls at work can finish my sentences most of the time! DREAMS are crazy every night -- last week I dreamt I gave birth to a baby octopus... EW!
Cravings: A really good Italian meal sounds heavenly right now! My appetite has REALLY increased this week. My stomach growls as soon as I wake up, and I'm eating normal size meals (which is so different than what I've been able to do the past 5 months) and am still hungry afterwords!
Best Moment this week: Kyle feeling the baby all the time, it's just so cool. I love that when I get home Kyle always gives me a kiss, then leans down and gives the baby a kiss. Without a doubt, he loves to watch my stomach grow.
What we are looking forward to: THIS WEEKEND!! Friday we find out the sex! SATURDAY we get to register, see our families (haven't seen dad since he graduated from his transplant class), AND go to the NC State fair!! I seriously can't wait!
And here is my "Wordless Wednesday" picture for the day... I CAN'T SEE MY FEET!
(It's been this way for a little while now... what's different this week is that my stomach is starting to push out everywhere around my ribs. So I have these dents where my ribs are... weird looking!)
Okay you officially have 2 more days to vote on the gender. So far the girl vote is winning out, but it's pretty close. We've added a poll for y'all to take (on our sidebar to the right)! POLL AWAY!
And I have to document... both Kyle and I this entire time have voted BOY! But for some reason this week we both have a feeling that it's a GIRL! (obviously we have no clue!)
And I have to document... both Kyle and I this entire time have voted BOY! But for some reason this week we both have a feeling that it's a GIRL! (obviously we have no clue!)
12 comments:
Sounds like you are doing great! Where's your photo though....Baby Brain again? Enjoy your fun-filled weekend too!!! :)
You think it's a girl because of the Chinese Birth Calendar. You know it's true. I hope you have a girl and that she is a little Leah. Oh how much fun that would be!
SO exciting! Love the belly pic from your perspective!
i. can't. wait!
i hope this weekend is so much fun! hard to believe the pregnancy is half over, huh?? love you.
Yay on being halfway! What a great weekend you guys are going to have!! Can't wait to hear what you're having. And great belly pic! We went to the fair this past Sunday... I rode the ferris wheel! wee! :)
I'm SO excited!! I can not wait till friday!! Love the belly photo.
Love the belly shot! I haven't gotten baby brain yet, but my dreams are crazy! :) I will be out of town when you find out the sex of the baby! But I can't wait to find out when I get back in town on Sunday!
That 20 week mark was always huge for me! I felt like I had climbed a mountain and now was going down the flip side toward delivery!!!! So exciting!
Love the belly shot and all your weekly milestones:) You are handling this pregnancy thing great! So proud of you! And yay for an increased appetite:) This year, you'll be the pregnant one at the FAIR!!!
Wahoo, I'm so excited about this weekend and registering and finding out the sex and going to the fair and seeing you!!!! Only 2 more days!!!! Love ya!
I can't wait to hear what the sex is! At the beginning of the post you kept saying, "his, he, him," etc and I thought you had already found out! lol I can't wait to hear! Have a great weekend at the fair!
I'm still voting Boy. Can't wait to see Friday's post.
Love the belly shot and can't wait to find out who's hiding in there...a cute little cantalope for sure! So looking forward to seeing you Saturday, and of course getting that phone call from you tomorrow...still voting for a girl!
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!