Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Big Peach Fall 5 Miler

Last Saturday morning, Kyle woke up and ran in the Big Peach 5 Miler.  As most of you know, he's training for a half marathon in mid November, so this was a perfect way to work on speed since 5 miles to him is "just going out for a little" (can you imagine?  I sure can't.  I try to run a mile and die).  He did great, with no leg cramps -- YES!
He ended up beating his goal for time, and gained some confidence for his race in November. I am so proud of him for training for this... especially since all the weight he's losing I seem to be finding :)
Really really hope that our baby has his legs :) 

9 comments:

Lacey said...

Way to go Kyle!! :)

Rachel and Mike Clifton said...

sweet tights, dude.

Jen said...

Great job Kyle!!

the girl in the red shoes said...

I'm the same way as you...running one mile is torture for me! But way to go Kyle! I love the big peach t-shirt!

Sara said...

that's sad that kyle is comfortable in leggings and i am not. i hope my baby has his legs too. BAHAHAH.

Anonymous said...

not bad for an old man

Tara said...

Wow, Kyle, I am super impressed! Like Leah, the thought of running a mile just gives me leg cramps and stomach pains. I can't imagine 5...let alone a marathon! And it is also impressive that you are not gaining weight right alongside your pregnant wife~ That is a common pregnancy side effect for most husbands:) Way to go!

TupeloLove said...

Woo Kyle! Looking fast!

And Leah, I totally think you're having a girl, but I had a dream you're having a boy! I can't wait to hear!!!!

Linda said...

Love the professional picture and the fact that someone in our family is so intentionally athletic...you make us proud! (I'm not forgetting about Nick with his hiking for miles and miles, doing pull ups and shooting hoops from time to time...proud of him too!)

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails