I just finished my 4th month of pregnancy, how crazy is that! On Wednesday I was officially 17 weeks, only a couple more till I am half way. I can fully say that I LOVE being in the second trimester, I feel great and am really enjoying being pregnant!
Kyle and I headed for my monthly checkup this morning and everything is perfect. I am so thankful that Kyle's boss has let him come to all my appointments so we can experience this all together. We got to hear G-Baby's heartbeat, and this time it went up and was in the 150's!
So without further ado here is my 17 week survey:
How Far Along: 17 weeks
(Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.)
Size of baby: AN ONION! (5.1 inches long)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 2 more pounds this past week! So total I have gained 6.
Maternity Clothes: YES and loving them!
Gender: Will find out in 3 weeks! Our doctor changed our appointment so we can find out a little earlier, so October 22nd will be the day!
Movement: YES!!! This was by far the most exciting thing that happened this week. On Wednesday I was sitting at my desk at work and all of a sudden grabbed my stomach and said "Oh my gosh". Lacey and Jen both screamed "is everything okay?!". I couldn't even get out "the baby moved" before I started crying. It was definitely more than a flutter, more like 2 distinct flicks in a row. I felt another one last night when we were watching tv ... SO COOL and just such a miracle. I can't wait till Kyle can feel him/her move too!
What I miss: Nothing, loving every minute!
Sleep: Sleeping great, all the way through the night again! This past week though I have fallen asleep at 8:15 on the couch every night. I just get so tired right after dinner, especially if I go on walks!
Symptoms: I think I gagged once this week just from moving too fast after I ate. Sleepy at night but I'm going pretty hard during the day so I'm fine with that!
Cravings: Anything salty still, and BEEF! I have hated protein almost this entire pregnancy so I'm glad I'm wanting meat again. We've had chili, meatloaf, tacos and more this week!
Best Moment this week: Feeling the baby move! I will never forget it!
What we are looking forward to: Camping this weekend now that the weather has cooled off! We also can't wait for Oct 22nd to get here so we can find out if it's a boy or girl!
Size of baby: AN ONION! (5.1 inches long)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 2 more pounds this past week! So total I have gained 6.
Maternity Clothes: YES and loving them!
Gender: Will find out in 3 weeks! Our doctor changed our appointment so we can find out a little earlier, so October 22nd will be the day!
Movement: YES!!! This was by far the most exciting thing that happened this week. On Wednesday I was sitting at my desk at work and all of a sudden grabbed my stomach and said "Oh my gosh". Lacey and Jen both screamed "is everything okay?!". I couldn't even get out "the baby moved" before I started crying. It was definitely more than a flutter, more like 2 distinct flicks in a row. I felt another one last night when we were watching tv ... SO COOL and just such a miracle. I can't wait till Kyle can feel him/her move too!
What I miss: Nothing, loving every minute!
Sleep: Sleeping great, all the way through the night again! This past week though I have fallen asleep at 8:15 on the couch every night. I just get so tired right after dinner, especially if I go on walks!
Symptoms: I think I gagged once this week just from moving too fast after I ate. Sleepy at night but I'm going pretty hard during the day so I'm fine with that!
Cravings: Anything salty still, and BEEF! I have hated protein almost this entire pregnancy so I'm glad I'm wanting meat again. We've had chili, meatloaf, tacos and more this week!
Best Moment this week: Feeling the baby move! I will never forget it!
What we are looking forward to: Camping this weekend now that the weather has cooled off! We also can't wait for Oct 22nd to get here so we can find out if it's a boy or girl!
SO since we know the date we'll be finding out the sex I have added a poll for y'all to take (on our sidebar to the right)! We are so interested to hear what y'all think we're having! POLL AWAY!

9 comments:
so glad you felt baby move!!! and you're right... you will never forget it!
by the way, my psychic powers say you're having a girl and i'm having a boy. :)
So glad you are feeling better! My 2nd trimester was the best. My vote is for a girl.
Yay!!! I'm so glad that you felt him/her move!!!! It is one of my FAVORITE things about pregnancy and one that you will never forget!!! I can't wait to be able to feel your tummy too!
Love you!!!
You look so cute Leah! I can't wait for you guys to find out if you're having a boy or a girl...so exciting! I told my husband that since my blog friend is pregnant that we better catch up! Not too sure how he feels about it!
I vote boy! You are so stinkin cute!
leah you look SO adorable!! LOVE the green top! and so happy for you that you got to feel him/her kick!! enjoy camping this weekend, we're going next weekend! so glad you're doing so well... you're in my prayers! :) love!
definitely got all smiley and a little teary about you feeling the baby move!!! And, then started laughing when you wrote..." I think I gagged once this week just from moving too fast after I ate." Pregnancy is so weird. I voted GIRL b/c hearing about your pregnancy reminds me soooo much of my pregnancy with Harper!
You are such a cute pregnant person! Glad to hear that Kyle is able to attend all of your doctor appointments. Charles came to all of mine and it was so nice to have him involved. I was pretty forgetful during my pregnancy so another pair of ears didn't hurt either!
So glad that you are enjoying this part of pregnancy, it's so much better ta the beginning! You look great! And I am voting for a girl! :)
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!