A couple mornings ago, Kyle and I got our meatloaf all ready for the crock pot! (I have no clue if I even like meatloaf but it has sounded so good so I thought we'd give it a try). I didn't have any beef, so we defrosted turkey, and mixed in the chopped up onions, breadcrumbs, ketchup, cheese, etc. We turned the timer on low for 8 hours... although I knew we wouldn't be home before 10 hours but that's okay it would stay warm.
I got home about 5 minutes before Kyle, enough to gag multiple times trying to get this rock onto a plate to show him. Seriously I had to breathe through my nose because the smell was making me sick! You ready for this?
I waited our on our porch with "it" until Kyle pulled up. He was on the phone but was cracking me up with his facial expressions. We laughed on the porch for a couple minutes before opening all the windows and lighting candles inside to get rid of the smell!
Well we tried right?
Oh my gosh it was literally pumpkin orange inside!!!
Luckily La Parilla is just 2 minutes down the road, so Kyle quickly got back in his car and picked up that for us. Out of all the new recipes we try one of them was bound not to work!! Oh well, it was truly hilarious.




19 comments:
oh my gosh that is disguisting. Didn't know it was going to look that bad. haha. stick to beef. always tastes better.
Never heard of crock pot meat loaf and yes, beef is best! Some things are just tastier cooked the old fashioned way. Glad you didn't come home to a smoke filled house and your hubby saved the day with La Parilla!
I keep a file with the pictures of all your culinary efforts. You do such a great job of capturing and displaying those delicacies!!! Needless to say, the meatloaf will NOT make the file!! In the future, keep your doors locked so stray cattle don't visit your kitchen.
ewwwwwwwwwww!
haha! Derek and I have sure had some recipes that did not turn out like we had planned. haha!! I dont know that we have had one that looked quite like that though. Kyle's face is hilarious!! :) What fun memories you will look back on one day.
ahahahahahahahahahahahhaaha
Oh no!!! I try to only cook meatloaf on a weekend night when I have time to make it and prepare it. Sorry it didn't turn out so well, but at least you have the memory!
Oh no! Haha. I love meatloaf, but have definitely never made one in the crock pot. I'll have to try it!
That is Hilarious! I wonder what made it turn orange? I got excited when I saw a recipe title...but I think I'll skip this one :-)!
Oh, everyone has things like this that just don't work out as we would want....especially when we're trying new recipes! Love that you put it on here!
Oh my gosh! That looks disgusting! Jamie looked over just now and said "WHAT is THAT?" Doesn't even look recognizable as meatloaf! Thank goodness you live close to takeout!
PS. My "secret" to meatloaf is to use the recipe on the back of the McCormick seasoning packet. Turns out great everytime!
Oh no! I have never seen anything like that! I cook my meatloaf in the crockpot but I use beef or a beef/pork combo. My husband loves it; more than his mom's meatloaf!
That is funny! maybe you could hollow it out, carve it, put a candle in it and use if for halloween?? that way its not a complete waste :)
These pictures are hilarious! I can't believe it is so orange in the inside! You need to make Pioneer womans meatloaf (I think its in the cookbook). Don't give up on meatloaf yet!
I don't understand what everyone is talking about. It looks delicious! ;)
One the other hand, having La Pa in its place is pretty sweet!!
I think 10 hours would only work if it you had a highly programmable pot. I had this recipe from Southern living for the crock pot - but it only cooks 5 hours. Go here:
http://community.southernliving.com/showthread.php?t=16620
If you want the one that takes less time in the oven that is the recipe that Grammy uses - email me.
Is that a choc. Pumpkin halloween cake?!?! If so, it looks delish! If its anything else, throw it out!! lol, Wowww!!!
Yuck! But so funny too!
This looked awful, glad it wasn't scratch and sniff!! I learned something to try, cook your meal in the crock pot over night instead of all day. Plug it in right before bed and turn off and put away in am, just quick reheat when you get home.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!