Last Friday night was Book Club with the girls! Stephanie hosted it and had made the most delicious meal, we all ate so much! Around 9:00 we started talking about the book, The Help. I've mentioned this book on the blog before, but it was so good. (Kathryn Stockett wrote about a woman who has aspirations of being a writer; however her mother just wants her to settle down and get married. The main character, Miss Skeeter, begins to see the division and love between whites and blacks in Mississippi during the 1960's. She decides to write about what she sees in her own backyard, but this could prove dangerous considering the racial climate of the time. *Taken straight from Holly's blog!*) It's exciting that they are filming the movie in Mississippi as we speak!
Had so much fun with all of you!
7 comments:
I love The Help! And I'm so excited they are making a movie based on the book!! Looks like you had a lot of fun and I can't believe you were up until 2 am! :)
The Help is next on my list!
I can't wait for the movie to come out. I loved the book.
Good thing you posted because I sat over here clicking refresh, refresh, refresh! :)
Book club was awesome! Thanks for quoting me! :)
I am really looking forward to the movie b/c of the actresses! Emma Stone and Bryce Dallas Howard! What the what?!
I'm so sad I didn't get to come! Hopefully I will next time!! See you soon!
I'm bummed I didn't get to come! I just starting reading The Help a few nights ago, and I love it!!
LOVE THIS BOOK! So wonderful...and guess what's even cooler? They're filming the movie in my hometown. I wasn't home much this summer, but our town was totally turned UPSIDE DOWN with movie crews and sets. It has been so fun to watch! Loved seeing the infamous toilet scene be filmed! I've seen almost all of the cast out and about around town...so ready for the movie.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!