Oh my word only 10 more weeks to go, how crazy is that!!
How Far Along: 30 weeks!
(A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I really wanted to skip this question this week. I ate whatever I wanted and constantly over Christmas. I gained 3 pounds, so I'm up 21 pounds. Guess my no gaining cycle is over.
Gender: A Sweet Baby GIRL!! Emery Katherine will be here before we know it!
Movement: All the time!
What I miss: Being able to be on my feet without my back hurting!
Sleep: Sleeping great. Still getting up only once to go to the bathroom.
Symptoms: Sunday was a pretty rough day. We left NC in the afternoon, and ended up having to stop in Shelby as I was having terrible back pains and could not be in the car any longer. Lauren & Matt let us stay the night with them which I am so thankful as I was throwing up and so light headed from the pain. Kyle took wonderful care of me and we ended up driving the rest of the way to ATL the next morning. Since then my back has been pretty sore and I've been carrying around a heating pad with me wherever I go.
Notes: I PASSED MY GLUCOSE TEST!! AND my belly button is going to be an "outie" any day now.
"To-do" items checked off our list:
- I painted the final coat on the crown molding in the nursery.
- Kyle caulked for the last time in the nursery.
- I built her crib and changing table, yeah!!
- We took everything out of the armoire and Kyle hung a rod inside so I can start hanging clothes!
- Kyle started putting the furring strips up in the basement and framed out the last wall of the shower.
- We went through all of Tara's baby girl clothes and brought home 2 boxes full! We are so grateful!!
- We brought home a glider and ottoman from my parents house! We are in the process of researching how much it is to repurpose cushions to see if it's worth the work.
- We bought a new sofa for our living room. So excited to finally have a nice leather couch, it should be here in 3 weeks!
Best Moments this week: Seeing our sweet little girl in 3D and laughing at her folded in half position!



7 comments:
Yay for weight gain! Glad all that Christmas cookie and goodies and popcorn broke your no weight gain streak!
Love ya~ You look great! Only 10 more weeks and she'll be here! Can't wait to see the nursery:)
It was so good to see you at Christmas. Thanks for making the long drive to Wake Forest. We can't wait to see 'little e'...only 10 more weeks! Love, Grandpa
I ate whatever I wanted to for Christmas as well! I think you look great.
10 weeks and counting...yippee! Hope this week is a better one for your back...was so sorry to hear you got sick on the way home! Very productive week regardless. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. Love you!
Love that last picture! I'll bet that tummy button won't be an innie much longer! I will be so happy for you both when your projects are all finished! Can't wait to see them!
if there's ever an excuse to eat whatever you want, being 30 weeks pregnant is it! :)
You look great!!!! She will be here before you know it! :)
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!