Nothing is better when it's cold outside then a warm, hearty stew! Having almost all these ingredients on hand, I thought I'd give this recipe a try. It was so easy to make so I thought I'd share!

Old-Time Beef & Vegetable Stew by Betty Crocker
Ingredients:
1 lb beef boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 lb frozen stew vegetables, thawed and drained. (I had to cut mine in half as they were all huge!)
1 can (15 oz) chunky garlic and herb or plain omato sauce
1 can (14 1/2 oz) beef broth
2 cans (5 1/2 oz each) spicy eight-vegetable juice
Directions:
Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook beef in skillet about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4 comments:
Yum! This sounds perfect for a cold day!
The soup looks good, but that bread is what has my mouth watering. You know me, such a bread girl! Love you!
This looked so delicious this morning that when I went to the store I got everything needed! I'm in the middle of cooking this right now! Thanks for sharing!!
The way we have been having these cold weeks I think I will have to borrow this recipe for another weekend of cold blast coming our way. Georgia sure has been getting some winter fun lately.
Thanks as always with sharing your recipes...I always look forward to them.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!