Our office in the basement has now completely transformed into the guest bedroom! We had moved all the furniture down a couple weeks ago, but were waiting to paint the headboard and nightstand before we set it up. The furniture is actually what my brother used all growing up, so we wanted to update it just a little!
Here is the "before pic" of the headboard:
Here is the "before pic" of the nightstand: (do you notice the corners where Puck had chewed on them? Seriously what cat eats wood?)
Kyle sanded & puddy-ed them, and then I painted a coat of primer and 2 coats of our trim paint on them:
And here is the finished room. I love that we didn't even have to change anything that was on the walls or buy any bedding for this room. The less work and money the better!A close up of the nightstand being white with new knobs:
Please disregard the wrinkly duvet cover. I'll get to steaming the wrinkles out at some point!
Nice to have that room checked off our list! Now we just have to get the bathroom done so our guests can have their own private suite down there!




10 comments:
Looks great! I love the lamp!
Beautiful! We are refinishing all our nursery furniture since it was all used. Some of it was my childhood bedroom set and some we got from friends. Your furniture turned out lovely and I hope ours look that great when we are done!
Very nice!! I can't believe y'all are getting so many projects crossed off your list!
Leah it's awesome!! I love that you painted the headboard and night stand, they look great! It's so nice to repurpose items like that. And that lamp is so cool!
I love how it turned out! It looks brand new!! Great job.
Wow, it is amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do! Looks great! Can't wait to sleep there in just a few months!
so nice. i like the lamp!
looks awesome!!
I would never recognize that furniture! The guest bedroom looks awesome and I bet it will make for some great sleeping in the basement. Lots of hard work, but so nice to check it off your list!
It is almost hard to believe that a while back this area was painted rough concrete walls and a bare concrete slab lit by a single bulb. Now a beautifully inviting guest room. You all did a great job with the room and the furniture. I can't wait to see it and the new bathroom in person.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!