Last night we got around 6 inches of snow in Marietta, the most we've ever had since living here! It was coming down so hard last night, just beautiful! We are supposed to get a wintery mix for the rest of the day, so we'll see how the roads are for going to work tomorrow. But today we are enjoying an extra day at home!You can't start off a snow day without drinking some hot chocolate and coffee!
We were in the middle of eating our bacon, egg & cheese biscuits (WOAH they were amazing) when we looked out the window and saw our neighbor in need of help getting out of the driveway. She was stuck and trying to dig out her tires with the end of an umbrella... seriously. Kyle closed his eyes and said "I'll be back" very unenthusiastically.
After digging tire tracks out for 2 hours and spreading salt she was finally able to make it to the top of the driveway. All the roads are so slick though there was no point in even trying to get to her work.
After digging tire tracks out for 2 hours and spreading salt she was finally able to make it to the top of the driveway. All the roads are so slick though there was no point in even trying to get to her work.
These are the pictures I took at the beginning of the day when the snow was all fluffy:

Kyle took a couple trips out with Chris, and then we posted so many things on craigslist to sell (HUGE "to do" item checked off!). We ended up not going on a walk until around 5:00. With a wintery mix of sleet coming down all day it weighed down the snow, and the roads are complete ice. We walked in the grass, with Kyle holding on to my arm very tightly. Don't worry I didn't fall! It was really nice to get out in the cold weather!
I had to suck in with all my might to fit in this jacket. Kyle cracked me up when he said "MAN that jacket is doing some WORK right now" hahaha.
We walked all the way up to the square, it was a ghost town!Poor Tyson was sliding everywhere but loved being outside in the cold weather!
A very fun snow day for sure! Hope you are all warm and snuggling with loved ones too!





14 comments:
I missed my calling...I should have been a weather woman!
Enjoy the snow!
Leah, I enjoyed watching HITCH 'with you' and little e last night. Enjoy your day off and all the snow.....
Love, grandpa
Yay for snow!! We are snuggled in at home too, it's so awesome. And tell Kyle I said "HOLLER" about that cup of coffee!! Addicted!
YAY for snow. We've had snow since October here in Calgary, but the first snow is always the most exciting!!
You must be out exploring because I just called you to ask you how the snow is :) So glad that you are enjoying a day off from work!
PS. We watched HITCH too! Looks like it was a family movie night in 3 different houses:)
Loved seeing how you spent your fun snow day! Used to LOVE those when you all were little...they always seemed to include homemade cookies of some sort and games! My favorite pic of you is the one where you look perfectly normal in your jacket from the front, then you turn sideways...WOW! Little Emery is growing! Love you~
you look so cute all bundled up! Glad you all are enjoying the snow.
I've been reading your blog forever and never realized you live right down the road until I saw the picture of Marietta square! lol.
We enjoyed the snow day too. Hopefully we will all get another one tomorrow? :)
Jen
www.1creativemomma.blogspot.com
Loved your snow pictures!
"MAN that jacket is doing some WORK right now" cracked me up too!!! You and little 'e' look nice and warm. Enjoy the snow!
nothing cuter than a pregnant belly with a snow jacket on :) mine just barely zipped too! also, i think matt has that exact same yellow jacket as kyle! we just got ice here- yuck. hope you guys are having fun & snuggling up!
Your photos are beautiful - we loved seeing them. And you look great - both of you!
Love all the pics! We got all ice and not any snow...I shared some pretty ice pics the other day on my blog...this is what it looked like in Middle Ga.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!