We had such a productive weekend, I wish every weekend was 3 days! Kyle made huge progress on our basement bathroom project so I wanted to update with pictures!
He finished the furring strips into the concrete wall and added insulation in between the boards.
Next he framed out the walls that will enclose our hot water heater. This made a huge difference as now you can really see where everything is going!
Kind of hard to see in this picture but all the walls are framed in!
Next was installing the bath fan. The only option for venting it was to go out underneath our front porch. This provided several challenges, one being that our deck is 8 inches off the ground and another being that Kyle had to cut a 4 1/2 inch hole through plywood, siding and a 2x10. Thanks to a new tool that I gave him for Christmas he was able to do it no problem :)
The other challenging part of the installation was the electrical. This bath fan has a light, fan, heater, and nightlight built in so there were lots of wires to connect. After a little help with the wiring diagram from Tim the Tool Time Hammer he got it all hooked up, running like a champ! Thanks again dad!This was Kyle's first time really doing electrical work by himself, we were so excited to turn on all the switches and have them working perfectly!!
Great job Ky, so proud of you for taking on this huge project by yourself!!






8 comments:
Wow, Kyle, what a project!!! I know that Dad wishes he could be down there helping you, but sounds like he's helping you from afar this time with diagrams! Yay for working electrical stuff~ Your face in that picture made me smile! Lookin' great!
awesome stuff!
this is an enormous project! i am so impressed! can't wait to see it all finished.
well done! Leah, ask Kyle if he wants to come to Raleigh and help build out the rest of Jubala ...
I believe Kyle has gotten a full case of 'handyman itis'. Once you get this virus, it cannot be cured...symptoms: he will have an insatiable yearning for tools, (mostly DEWALT) and take bi-weekly trips to Home Depot for no apparent reason.
Other sure symptoms are spending hours looking at Ebay for tools and glee upon completing a project...and the look on Kyle's face after finishing the wiring confirms that he has the bug. At this time I must anoint him as TIM THE TOOL TIME HAMMER JUNIOR!
He is doing a great job. The framing and insulation/furring strips look great. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Love, dad (TTTTH).
Also, I absolutely LOVE to see the little yellow ladder in action. Love, TTTTH
So glad it's all coming together! I can't wait to see it when you finish!
Kyle looks so excited to be doing all that! Can't wait to see the finished bathroom and all your other fun projects.
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!