Thursday, January 27, 2011

34 weeks!

How Far Along: 34 weeks! 
(Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.)
Size of baby: 18 inches long and weighs around 5 pounds (a cantaloupe)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained 1.5 pounds this week, so I'm up 24 pounds.  It's probably due to the fact that Kyle and I had a momentary loss of self control and ate a whole box of donuts, sugar cookies and ice cream over the weekend. :)  We've gone grocery shopping now so I should be better this coming week!

Gender: A Sweet Baby GIRL!!  Emery Katherine!

Movement: All the time.  Still not kicking or punching, but rather constantly adjusting her position.  Kyle's gotten to feel some huge movements lately which I love!  I am SO curious whether she's head down or not, my prediction is still no!

What I miss: Being active and doing things outside... it's just too cold!

Sleep: Still sleeping great, only waking up once in the night to go to the bathroom.  My mouth gets so dry though since breathing through my nose hasn't been an option for a couple months.  Won't miss that symptom!

Symptoms: Left rib pain, and lower back pain.  A reclined position is what's most comfortable to me now, sitting upright doesn't always feel great.

Notes: My lab results came back on Monday about my blood pressure and they said everything looked great so there is nothing to worry about, thank heavens! I think it was due to stress last week. I can't believe I'm almost 8 months pregnant!  My belly button is STILL an innie, and no stretch marks yet! No braxton hicks contractions yet either that I know of.
I love that every stranger I pass whether man or woman smiles at me, asks when I'm due, and then tells me that I'm looking great... I could get used to all these compliments!  People are just SO NICE to pregnant ladies, I love it!

"To-do" items checked off our list: 
- Finished & sent out around 40 thank you notes from the Raleigh shower, yeah!
- Our curtains were ordered and already completed for the nursery by Allison, can't wait to get them next weekend!
- Scheduled a deep cleaning of our house (groupon!) for next week.  SO READY to see this sheet rock dust go away!
- Finished Emery's name banner that I posted about here.
- Kyle finished tiling the bathroom floor and installed the bi-fold door in our basement!  I cleaned & organized the whole garage for Kyle while he was working down there, so now I can pull in my car again!
- Found DEALS on craigslist of gear we still needed (swing, extra carseat base, glider) and bought them. Will post on these soon!  We also sold a lot of stuff on craigslist and returned things to Home Depot & Lowes.
- Sent in our registration for the Goddard School for Emery to start in June.

Cravings: Donuts & birthday cake ice cream, as mentioned earlier :)

Best Moments this week: Getting the tiling done in the basement!  It was a long process that had some set backs but in the end Kyle and I are happy with it!

What we are looking forward to:  Our hospital classes start this weekend, and I am so ready!  We also hope to completely finish the bathroom project by Sunday... wish us luck!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

You're already sending her to school in June. Thank goodness. No doubt she will know who our first president was! What happened to the blog post yesterday. Glad you made one today so I had something to read during my breakfast time. Love you! You are getting so much done!

Holly and Chris said...

You all are getting things done! I love the banner too! So cute! I am behind on thank you cards...but hope to catch up tonight! You do look great, by the way!

Sara said...

i've already passed you on the weight gain. does that mean i'm winning? no, i guess not. :)

everything's going great. oh and the doctor can tell you at any appt if she's head down or not. my little man is sitting straight up!

good luck on finishing up the bathroom. that is very exciting!!

Lynsey said...

One of my best friends is a director for a Goodard School in SC. I've heard nothing but great things about them!

Congrats on getting so much accomplished! Can't wait to see the bathroom completed pictures.

Erika Trevathan said...

You are SO right about people being nicer to pregnant people! It's one of the things I miss most about it!:)

Mindy said...

Congratulations 34 weeks is a great milestone. Not too much longer :-)

Tara said...

34 weeks is a huge milestone! That is when Nathan and Natalie were born. Hard to believe that Emery will be here soon! Love you and so happy for all that you have accomplished so far!

Linda said...

Yippee for 34 weeks! Can't wait to see you next weekend and spend some time together before Emery's arrival. I'll get to see the nursery in person and experience another shower as well as all the sweet things people say to you as a pregnant woman! Love you and that little cantalope inside your tummy!

Unknown said...

Yay for 34 weeks! Glad to see you are doing so well! I've been eating doughnuts too!! Can't wait to hear about your hospital classes... we aren't taking ours until February!

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, we would love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails